Chapter-1

☆ Home calling ☆

His life in the past years had changed drastically. With life he too changed , for the better.
His priorities, image , persona and perspective of everything around him transformed.

With slow steps which made click sound he entered his bedroom after a long day at office. Work pressure on him had increased from a few days. He took off the sweaty coat and sat on the edge of the bed.

His head rested in his palms as he took a deep breath and stood up to freshen up. He took his kurta pajama and left to freshen up.

Looking at his reflection in the mirror he wondered whether he'll be in need of a trim tomorrow. Although overgrown beard looked sexy. But he preferred himself as well groomed.

There was no reason to it. It was something he always was , dressed to perfection.

He was never a guy with ruffled messed hair with ripped jeans, the typical bad boy look.

When Shivaay came out from the washroom after a warm shower he found his mother sitting on the couch and beside her a trolley that had his dinner. He signed, he had told many times not to wait for him when he's late. But she would never abide by his decision.

"Mom ,  haven't I told you not to wait for me." he said taking a seat beside her.

"Then I have also told you that when you marry someone who makes sure you eat and take cares of you then I won't wait. Almost all your friends are married now." Pinky said serving the vegetable curry.

"You had dinner or not?" he asked totally ignoring her last line

Pinky signed on his ignorance and replied "I was waiting but jethani ji forcefully made me eat. By the way till when are you planning to avoid the topic ? ".

"I am not avoiding it. I feel it's not the right time." He spoke with clarity.

His mother was everything he was not. She was loud , over- enthusiastic Punjabi woman blessed with a heart of gold. While he was somber , composed person.

Shivaay remained quiet after that and if asked about his sudden silence then his answer will be 'one should not talk while eating'. But Pinky knew he didn't want to talk about wedding and things more.

She didn't bother him much. She knew her son and trusted him. Whatever he does is always correct and if it's not then he  makes sure it is correct.

And according to her 'marriage is not a race that reaching the finish line is a compulsion '

Once he had his dinner Pinky left the room. While Shivaay walked towards Om's room.

He opened the door and silently entered the room. He smiled seeing Rudra who slept cuddling with Om , to be more particular with words then clinging to Om. He sat beside them for a few minutes.

Back in his room Shivaay laid on bed and opened his phone's gallery. He tapped on a particular picture. It was a candid.

"Come back idiot !" He whispered staring at it.

Sleep engulfed him slowly as he looked at the picture in his phone. Something told him that he had a connection with the person.

****
Annika walked towards the dinning area of her 2bhk apartment with a plate of white sauce pasta that her cook had made . Pulling a chair for herself she sat and started eating while scrolling through her Instagram.

She was not a social butterfly but took it as a time pass. Keeping her phone on the table and concentrated on her dinner, looked around her apartment only to find no one else. Silence is what she got always there.

She hated this, she hated eating alone, coming back to an empty apartment where no one would be waiting for her. 3 years it had been since she last visited her home, Mumbai.

5 years she was in London and from 2 years she is in Delhi. In between her brothers kept visiting her but she still missed being home. She went never went Mumbai even for vacations.

But who was she kidding. Even after being there she didn't feel the love she should. No affection nothing. She had a family but why she couldn't connect with them now.

If it was a few years ago then you would have found her as a better version of herself. She was vivacious, chirpy , bubbly. But now she was anything but that.

She missed no one from her family but her brothers and her father. She had not talked with them for two months now.

But it was high time she talked to them. She has decided to go back. Her brother was waiting for her. And couldn't make him wait more.

She washed the plate and wiped it before keeping it.

She looked at the clock to find it was late for a walk. Deciding to get some sleep she heeded towards her room.

Laying on bed and she opened the gallery of her phone. Tapping on a particular photo she stared at it.
It was a group photo which had four boys and three girls.

She smiled to sleep while still looking at the picture. The people in pictures were those whom she felt connected by heart.

It was long that she avoided the problem. Now it was time to go back and fight.

               《 ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤》

Hey

The second part his here!

Do drop your views and votes

Keep smiling

Jiya