thirty-seven {turdy-seven}

Nevaeh's Point of View
"You are released from the hospital. We can go home." Calum holds my hand. I nod and grab my clothes. My steps, slow and uneasy, my weight, hard to lift. Maybe this is what depression feels like, maybe it's more than just extreme sadness, or wanting darkness 24/7. Maybe it's moving slow in your mind and nerves but in reality you're moving normally. Maybe it's the darkness infecting your body, killing every cell and hormone that makes you happy. I pull my oversized sweater over my shirt and open the door. 

"Ready?" Calum holds my hand. 

"Yeah." I nod and place Hazel on my hip, my other hand intertwined with Calum's.

I buckle Hazel into her car seat and sit in shotgun. "It's okay, Nev. We'll have others. This one just couldn't handle it." Calum whispers to me. I grab my head phones and put them on. 

"Whose gonna be the last one to forget this place." Louis sings his part in 'Spaces' Tears fall my eyes as I stare out the window. Calum rests his hand on my thigh as I glare at him. 

"I don't want to lose any of them." I wipe away some tears and take my earbuds out. 

"Life is a game, you have to lose some to gain some." He glares at the road. 

"I love you Calum." I sigh. What a shit metaphor for this moment, Calum. I knew he meant well but his words were lacking.

"I love you to the moon and back." He replies.

"Wanna go to the park?" He asks. 

"Yeah, let's just make sure Hazel doesn't break her other leg." I laugh lightly. 

"I'll get Hazel ready." He smiles. I sit on the couch and fiddle my thumbs. I pick up my phone and dial Ashton's number, "Hey. Do you guys want to go to the park with us?" 

He whispers and then answers, "Yeah, Kaitlin's up for it." 

I smile, "Great. I can't wait to see you Ashton."

Calum holds Hazels hand and helps her walk. I smile and take a picture. 

"Uncle Ashy!" Hazel runs to him. 

"Hazelnut!" He laugh and opens his arms for her to be caught by. I smile at the niece and uncle moment. 

"Wanna come play with me?" Hazel asks Ashton and tugs on his hand. 

"Sure." He smiles. 

"Calum, go play with them. I'm sure they would love it." I smile. He nods and walks off to them. 

I sit down with Kaitlin, "I need a way to tell Ashton I'm pregnant, in a clever way." 

I stare at her, processing what she just said. "Woah. You're pregnant?" I run my hand through my hair. She nods. 

"I have an idea. Come over to my house in three hours, bring Ashton. They'll watch Hazel together. I have a plan." I smile.

"Okay. So the biggest pair goes at the front door and they gradually get small the farther he walks. I'll go lay out the cupcakes." I smile at her. She grabs the bags full of shoes and I grab the boxes of cupcakes and frosting. I place them out on a table and frost every individual letter onto the cupcake until it spells out, 'I'm Pregnant!' 

"I'm done." She looks at me. 

"Great. Great. Now grab the outfit and put it under the cupcakes." I smile as she does so. 

I press play on the radio and its a father and baby laughing together. 

"Tell him to come home because he needs to grab a toy for Hazel." I smile at my greatly planned surprise.

"I'm hom-" Ashton yells and silences himself when he hears the tiny laughs. I smile and motion Kaitlin to get in her spot. I hide behind the corner, releasing baby blue, pale pink, and pale yellow balloons into the room. He continues to walk until he reaches the table with the cupcakes. 

"I'm pregnant..." He reads aloud. 

Kaitlin comes out from behind the wall, her hands on the belly part of her shirt that says, 

"I'm expecting." and has a fetus on the stomach part. 

"You are?" He walks to her. 

"She is." I smile at them. 

"Wow. If it's a girl, promise we'll name it Paige." He places his hands on her stomach. 

"Promise." She smiles. 

"I'm going to go home. Have fun." I wink at them. 

"Calum's in a mood, so I had Hazel come over." He winks at me. 

"My god." I groan. 

Hazel hugs my legs, " I sweep ovah?" She begs. 

"It's up to Uncle Ashy. If he said it was okay, then yes." I smile. "

Yeah. I'm the one who came up with it. I knew you'd be fine with it so I packed her stuff too. Have fun." Ashton winks and kisses my cheek.

I get home and Calum's on the couch looking at the door intense. "Come here." He smirks.