four

"Nev, sweetie. It's so great to see you. What brings you here?" His mother hugs me, inviting me into their home.
      "I, believe it or not, am here to speak with Calum." I smile at her.
      "You two would just be the cutest. Hold on," His mother walks up two stairs, "I'll be right back with Calum." She smiles.
      A tall girl walks up to me, only taller by an inch. "I'm Mali. Calum's sister. Who might you be?" She smiles.
       "I'm Nevaeh. The last name is Harper." My eyes dart to Calum who is walking down the stairs.
      "Yeah?" He asks.
      "Wanna come over? I want to have a talk." I smile at him. He nods and waves bye to his mom and sister. I follow quickly behind him.

      "Why can't we talk in your living room?" He asks as I drag him up my staircase. I pull him into my room and shut my door.
      "We can't talk their cause my dad works in the basement and it's too close, he'll hear." I cross my arms. Calum shifts his body weight.
       "Why didn't you help me at the slightest?!" I begin yelling.
      "I told you..." He groans.
      "Reputation doesn't really matter you idiot! I got slapped and you just looked away! I lied for your friend so that way you wouldn't get in trouble either!" I scream.
       "God damn it! I lied to the person I tell the truth to for you! I never lie to her! You can't just tell me one day that you want to be best friends with me and just let me get beat around." I yell. "I was taught... that if the man was real, he wouldn't care what the others think of him when I'm around. I guess we're all raised differently." I laugh lightly, wiping away a few tears. "And I was really stupid to even think that I could've had a chance with you. Heh. This was the one thing I was wrong about. I guess we're not all-" I chuckle lightly.
       A pair of lips land on mine stunning me. I know I shouldn't be kissing him, but my body just, does. He lays me on the bed softly, not breaking the kiss. I pull away and look at the open door.
       "Welp. We'll just... bye." Liam looks around. I stand up instantly and open the door back up.
      "Get in here." I pull Zayn and Liam by the shirts. They throw themselves on my bean bag chairs.
      "Now, what did we just see here?" I stand in front of the boys like their mothers would. "We saw nothing." They say in sync. I nod and spin back to Calum and he's running a hand through his hair.
      "And you think you can just come in here and kiss me to make me forget. Yeah, I may have kissed you when you were sleeping, that was before you just let me get slapped. Never talk to me again until you prove yourself worthy of me." I yell.
      He stares me in the eyes, tears about to fall from his, and walks out of my house. I fall back on my last bean bag chair and cry. "Nev, it's okay. It'll be okay. I promise." Liam pats my back.
      "Wanna tell Zayn what the slapping thing was?" Zayn scoots his chair closer to me. "Well, I snapped at Calum during school around his popular friends. So, his friend got mad and slapped me. I lied for his friend so that way Calum wouldn't get in trouble." I explain wiping away tears.
       "Yeah, We heard that part..." Zayn shrugs. He kisses his palm and places it on my cheek. I pull a board game out and set it up.
       "Want to play?" I smile, wiping a tear away. They nod and join me.

Calum's Point Of View.
      "Mom... I did something terrible." I sit down next to her on the couch.
       She shifts her body to face me, "And what might that be my handsome son?"
        I wipe away a tear and take a breathe, "Today, I was walking with Chad and he has Nev do his homework. I had to seem like him to keep my ranking and so I asked hers where mine was. She said she didn't know she was supposed to to mine," I say the last part the same way she did, "So, Chad got mad and slapped her. She was looking at me for a sense of security and I just looked away. She lied to the person she tells the truth to for crying out loud, mom! I'm such a terrible person!" I wipe away more tears.
       "She... she told me not to talk to her until I'm worthy of her. I may not ever be but I'll try my best. That's what I plan to do." I stand up and rush to my room.