Twelve | Another Secret

I woke up to a bright light.

I groaned and closed my eyes, angry at the light. There was a sharp intake of breath to my right, and I turned my head to the noise.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Loki sitting in a chair beside me. After a quick inspection, I realised I was lying in a bed in the med bay.

"What happened?" I asked, sitting up.

Loki narrowed his eyes at me.

"You used too much power," Loki said sternly. "You began to freeze from the inside out. You are very lucky that I was there to save you."

"You saved me?" I asked.

Loki blinked and nodded shyly.

"Thank you," I said.

Loki's cheeks darkened and he looked away from me. I could see that he was embarrassed, so I tried to find something else to say.

"How long was I out?"

"Twenty-three hours," Loki said. "I only convinced Stark to get some sleep a few hours ago. He didn't want to leave you."

My heart hurt as I realised how much pain and anxiety I must have inflicted upon him. After a glance at Loki's face, I realised that it wasn't just my father who'd been anxious about me.

A small smile grew on my face. I'd noticed the way Loki looked at me. I'd started to notice the names he called me, as well. Dear, Darling, Love... he didn't call anyone else that. Just me. I hadn't worked up to courage to confront him about it.

"Were you worried about me?" I asked, swinging my legs off of the hospital bed.

Loki scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Of course not," he said.

I hummed at him, standing up. I took a step towards him, and my legs wobbled, sending me crashing to the floor. Only, I never hit the floor because a pair of muscular arms grabbed me. I looked up into Loki's eyes. He smirked at me as he set me on my feet, but he didn't let go of me.

"Are we gonna stand here all day," I said quietly, "or are you going to kiss me?"

Loki quirked an eyebrow at me before I surged forwards and connected our lips.

The kiss took him by surprise. He froze for a moment before kissing me back, his lips moving softly over mine. My hands found his hair, and his found my waist. His tongue brushed against my bottom lip, and I opened my mouth for him automatically. His tongue brushed against mine and then began to explore my mouth.

We pulled back when we needed air. I rested my forehead against his and smiled at him.

"Y/n..." he murmured, his hands squeezing my waist lightly.

I hummed at him in response, my eyes on his lips. I really wanted to kiss him again. I looked up into his eyes and saw that he was looking at me hungrily. I leaned in again and Loki responded immediately. He kissed me back, and the kiss was soft.

"I have wanted to do that for a while now," Loki murmured.

I grinned at him.

"Y/n, I would love the honour of courting you," he said, running a hand up and down my back.

I blinked at him in surprise. I cocked my head and smiled.

"Sounds fancy," I said. "I agree."

Loki smiled at me before leaning in to kiss me again. I leaned up to meet him eagerly, still hungry for the taste of his lips.