2. Fredrico

I get out my car and enter the Rodríguez's estate

I get out my car and enter the Rodríguez's estate. I run a hand through my hair and try to not look like I want to shoot my fucking brains out.

My parents were best friends with Jamila and Alfonso Rodríguez.

Which fucking sucked. The Rodríguez's were big on spending time with each other and having family dinners. Once a week my parents, sister, and I join them.

The dinner is so agonizingly long it makes my fucking head throb with a migraine.

And I don't like Alfonso. I don't know why, but something in my gut is telling me he's onto some shit. I'll just have to wait until he slips up to get his ass.

At least I won't be entirely bored. Carlos Rodríguez is one of the few people I consider to be a friend and he's forced to be at these dinners too.

"Look who's finally on time," my sister, Rory said with a smile.

She makes her way to me and gives me a hug. I return it and give her a kiss on both cheeks. "come va il lavoro?" I ask. (How's work?)

Rory was a doctor. She graduated just at the mere age of sixteen and went into the medical field. Now at twenty-two years old she's one of the best surgeons in the city.

"Very stressful, but good. I just did a twenty hour surgery yesterday. Thankfully he made it through and is in stable condition."

I grin and pat her shoulder, "ottimo. Sono fiero di te," I tell her. (Very well. I'm proud of you.)

She smiles and gives me another hug before running off back into the living room. I make my way to the kitchen.

"You're finally on time for once," Dad said with an amused look.

"I wouldn't pass up my favorite meal," I say with a grin.

"Finally. I thought I would have to drag you in by your tie," Mom said and made me bend down so I could hug her.

She kissed my cheeks and took my jaw in a hard grip, "why haven't you been answering my calls?" She asked with a scrutinized look.

"I was busy all day. Now can I stand up straight? I'll have back problems in a moment," I mumble dryly.
She glared and patted my cheek with more force than necessary.

"Rico, you're finally on time," Jamila said as she came in the kitchen.

She gives me a hug and kisses both of my cheeks, "you haven't been here in a while," she mumbles.

"I've been in Italy, visiting Nonna and Nonno and finishing business over there." I tell her, which was only half true.

I went over there because I finally found the man who took something very important from me.

"Rico?"

I hum and look at Jamila, "how was Italy?"

I shrug, "Same as usual."