19. Fredrico

I enter my parents estate and greet Mama with a hug and kiss

I enter my parents estate and greet Mama with a hug and kiss. "How are you?"

"I'm well." She smiles and pats my shoulder. "I heard you and Valentina have become fond of each other."

I raise a brow. "Where did you here that from?"

"Mama I think-" Derek paused when he saw me.

I glare at him, "you fucker."

He smiled, "how's Valentina?"

"How the hell would I know? I haven't talked to her."

I woke up and took a shower. When I came downstairs to check on her she was gone. She left a small note saying she didn't know where she was, but thanks for not killing her. She signed her name at the bottom with her red lipstick kiss mark.

I haven't spoken or seen her since.

"Good thing her, Jamila, Aaya, and her cute baby is coming over. You can ask her then. Did you catch the person who drugged her?"

"They're both taken care of," I tell her.

The alarm system goes off and Mama rushed to the door with a smile. "They're here!"

I walk off to the kitchen and find my father reading a novel with one hand while Cece painted his other finger nails hot pink.

Dad looked up from his book. "Ay, come stai figlio mio?" (How are you my son?)

"Sto bene papà. Come stai?" I ask. He stood up and smacked kisses on both of my cheeks. He patted my back. "I am doing very well. It's about time you visit. Your mother was about to lose her mind." (I am doing fine Papá. How are you?)

"Papa Leo, you messed up your nails," Cece whined.

He looked down at his hand and his eyes widened, "Cece, I said no pink."

She pouted, "but we're matching!" She held up her hands, showing him her hot pink nails.

"You only have to keep it on for a day to match with me. Please?" She asks and gives him the puppy dog eyes.

Dad folds like a damn folding chair. He sighs, "fine, but for only a day."

She does a small cheer and dad sits back down. "Where's your mother and twin?" I ask.

"Mommy was on the phone with our cousin outside on the patio. Sammy is trying to find worms in the dirt," she answered. "Zia is upstairs on a work call. She said she'll be back in a little."

I brush her hair out her face and kiss her forehead. I go out and find Derek massaging Simone's feet.

I greet Simone and sit down. "How're you feeling?" I ask.

"Morning sickness is kicking my ass and i'm sleepy all the time," she answered, then yawned.

"The kids go back to school in what?" I ask.