43. Valentina

I lock the bathroom door and he bangs on the door

I lock the bathroom door and he bangs on the door. I then run into the connected closet and make sure that door is locked.

I can't believe this manic just kidnapped me from my home and forced me to come here.

He banged on the door. "Valentina open the damn door!"

"Fuck you!" I yell back.

I go to the window and open it. I look down, it was high up, but luckily it was in the backyard. I go into the cabinet and get out a bunch of towels.

I tie them together and then quickly pee because I had been holding it in all day. When they grabbed me I was actually on my way to the bathroom. I find it rude that they didn't let me go to the bathroom.

Surprisingly I find a hammer in one of the drawers.

Trash the bathroom.

"No," I mumble and shake my head.

He kidnapped you. It's the least you can do.

"I really hate my intrusive thoughts," I mumble.

I go into the closet and get a couple of scarfs. I make a little escape plan and hook the towels on the bath tub's hot water nob. I tie it tightly and look at how big the drop was.

At least you won't die if you fall down.

"Right," I mumble.

Fredrico's banging got harder and more frequent. He yelled out my name. "Open the damn door!"

I look down again then back away.

Just do it you fucking pussy.

I swing my leg over and pray that I don't break something if I fall. I swing my other leg over and hesitate. But then I hear Rico trying to break down the door.

I quickly start to go down. I was about halfway down when the towels came flying out the window. I scream as I fall.

My scream got cut off when my body hit the ground. The wind was knocked out of me. I thought I had broke my neck and got paralyzed for a moment.

"Valentina!" Liliana gasped.

I wheezed for a second, staggering to my feet. "I'm fine! I'm fine!"

I tell her while holding my back.

"Can I borrow a car?" I ask.

Vincent (Nonno) tossed me a set of car keys. "Out front sweetheart."

"Did you just climb out the damn window," Rico yelled. I look up and he glared down at me.

I flip him off. "Fuck you, you asshole! You're insane! Get therapy!" I yell.

I give his parents and Nonno a salute as a thank you before booking it barefoot to the car. I quickly get in and speed down the driveway.