Masked lies | 22 |

" You better not let me catch you doing this again , you know how father feels about smoking" teased Dream as he joined me on the castle's balcony , even though I could tell he was really just concerned .

" Don't tell me you'd actually snitch on me ?" I played along with a smile , this game- our game .

" If it means you don't get lung cancer in 20 years then maybe ..."

" Ah yes , not because you hate the smell ?"

" Maybe that too , how am I supposed to hug you if I'm repelled by your smoke filled odor ?"

" So what you're saying is if I don't stop you're not going to hug me anymore ? Ouch" I chuckled as I stepped away from him and leaned against the railing . It was around midnight, the most beautiful part of the night with the sky filled with so many stars . Nights like these make me wish I could freeze time , among others .

" You know I could never do that Georgie , no matter how badly you smell" he admitted bashfully .

" I know ..."

He didn't have to explain why , we both knew . And well the reason I'm out here smoking my lungs away instead inside with everyone else celebrating my last night before I'm officially the new king is because I never wanted to be . Being born into my family didn't give me this amazing opportunity , it gave me a burden and responsibility that I feel selfish for not wanting.

Dream understands it- he always understands everything. Like no matter how much I just want to say fuck it and confess my love for him ... he knows I can't . Not yet and maybe not ever no matter how much it pains me . Sometimes I wish that Skeppy had inherited the throne then maybe ...

" What are you thinking about?" He asked as I avoided eye contact .

" Oh you know..."

" I do ?" He asked as I felt him gently hold my chin in his hand to make me look right in his eyes .

Damn .

" Dream what are-"

" I'm so in love with you and I know you can't- won't put your position at risk , but I just need you to know . You're the love of my life and I'll wait , I'll wait until you become official and have enough authority to rule out any other opinions and then I'll ask what we both know I want to . Just please don't give up on us" he confessed as he pulled me closer and I started tearing up .

" Just please don't give up on us"

Instantly as those words slipped from my mind I jointed up in bed with a gasp and tears running down my face . Again .

" I-I won't give up Dream" I whispered as I tried not waking up the sleeping beast beside me .

When I actually got up for the day I tried everything I could to not give away my sorrowful mood because if he even got a whiff of it I know I'd be in trouble. He wants to help or so he says but I know the only thing he'll do is distort one of the only last memories left of me and Dream . Which of course is the only thing keeping me sane , the memories .

For the past month him and Wilbur have been planning, what I'm not sure but I plan on figuring it out today . I don't trust either of them but I know the Dreamon would never hurt me intentionally so I hope if things go south that he'll protect me from whatever Wilbur could do . Now Wilbur on the other hand makes me want to explode with rage .

It wasn't long after I was inaugurated that he became a terrorist , those were some of the worst years of my life . It seems that even before the Dreamon showed up this land had a load of troubles , I can't imagine how everyone is managing this back in the towns . But I know I can trust Eret to keep the peace while I'm gone , they know what's best for everyone , I just hope that they'll be prepared for whatever attack the Dreamon is planning .