I Am Bulletproof

Alora's P.O.V.

I had done it. I woke up and sent my dog off to be with my grandpa. I got to the airport in one piece and was now on the plane. I never really liked plane rides. Just because I can't deal with grumpy people and children that whine for no reason. But my grandma was generous enough to get me a seat in first class. She as always been generous. So I settled into my cocoon for the ride from Sea-Tac to LAX. I was saying goodbye to my little grey state and saying hello to the place where the sun was always around. I was so mentally and emotionally drained that all I wanted to do was sleep. So that's what I did. I pulled up the hood of my Black Veil Brides hoodie, to cover the side of my head that had to get shaved because of the stitches I had to get in my head. I was very self conscious of that now. Pulling my knees into my chest and slowly closing the shade I was asleep before the plane was even in the sky.

Ashley's P.O.V.

It was a long day, we had taken a detour after doing a few shows in Canada the night before and we were now about to head back to L.A. But who am I to object to a day in Seattle? A Starbucks on every corner and the awesome hat shop hidden in Pikes Place Market. I was there already. Andy and I were trying to find our seats on the plane and Jake and CC were doing God knows what while they were running to the bathroom before they got on. Jinxx was making one last goodbye call to Sammi before he got on then it would go back to tweeting and texting for the next few hours. "Andy, what seat do you have?" I asked looking at my ticket, I had B17. "I have A21, sorry man. Looks like you get to make friends." He chuckled and pointed to the 17 cocoon and there was a hooded figure already there. "Ah shit." I muttered and pushed my sunglasses on my face and put on my cowboy hat. It's not that I didn't want to sit with whomever was sitting there, I just would've rathered sat with Andy. The flight attendant made us all hurry into our seats because we were about to take off I guess. I sighed and put my bag under my seat and sat down buckling the seat belt. It was only then that I realized it was a girl curling up in a ball, asleep, across from me. She looked about Andy's age and was wearing some of our merch. So I guess I was a little more relived that if she woke up that she wouldn't bore me to death if we got to talking. Because there was nothing more so do I just looked at her, watched her. The girl was pale and had red hair, her makeup was laid on thick at they eyes but fairly minimal everywhere else. She had band bracelets on both of her wrists and a ring on the middle finger on her left had. It was a light blue gem in a heart setting. Cute. Her body was curvy from what I could tell. She wore black skinny pants and combat boots that had studs on the toe and heel, a few missing just from wear and tear. The girl also had small triangle like scars on the knuckles of her left hand, that made me wonder just a little bit. I went back to looking at her face, she had worry lines and I could see tear stains from where her face makeup had been washed off. I felt worried for the girl for some unknown reason, sad really. My heart seemed to break for her when I saw a tear fall from her eyes as she slept.

Alora's P.O.V.

I could hear their voices while I was dreaming. They were telling me to stay strong and to be the best that I could be. "I miss you." I murmured in the dream, or so I thought. I heard stronger voices around me then the tear on my cheek. I must not have been asleep for very long because the plane was just starting to take off. I sighed and opened the shade a bit more and buckled my seat belt -- one thing I always made sure I did now -- my eyes just now opening. I wiped the tears from my eyes and looked up seeing a man sitting across from me. I knew who that was. But this had to be a dream, it HAD to be. There was no way that he was sitting across from me. The odds of that were, almost impossible. Almost. "Hey there." The male said in a smooth, rich tone. His voice was music to my ears, literally. I blinked and shook my head quickly then put my hand on my forehead to stop the spinning. "Uh, Hi." I said in a dumbfounded tone. What was I going to do now? I have Ashley Purdy Sitting across from me in a cocoon on an airplane. It's not like I could run. But I could hide! "Uhm... I have to... Uh... Yeah.." I said as I unbuckled and got out of the cocoon, nearly slamming into CC and Jake. I look up, "Shit." Then I walk passed Jinxx and Andy's seats, keeping my head down as I go and lock myself in the bathroom putting my head between my legs. "Alora this is just another dream, a really vivid dream. No, you're just hallucinating from all the drugs that the doctor has you taking. That HAS to be it. It HAS to be. There's no way that they're on this plane." I give myself a bit of a pep talk in the toilet then poke my head out. I see all five of them standing and looking around, talking to each other. "Damnit, I'm not." I admit, defeated in my own mind. I close the door before they can see me and I say in there for a few more minutes. Or at least until the plane really started to take off and the flight attendant made me go back to my seat. I kept my head down in shame and pulled my hood closer to my skull. I sat down and rebuckled. I couldn't even look up. "Are you feeling better?" Ashley asked, his voice seemed genuinely concerned. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just get air sick sometimes." I lied. My voice was light and mousey. I would be shocked if he could even hear it. "Well let me know if you need to blow chunks and I'll move." He chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. I nodded slightly, I wasn't able to smile. I havn't really smiled since the accident. It's too hard to. I took a few deep breaths and looked up at the male across from me. He had taken his sunglasses off, I could see into his deep chocolate brown eyes, I felt like he was looking deep into my wounded soul. "I'm uhm... I'm Alora." I say lightly. He then smiles. "I'm Ashley." My lips twitch then I look back down. Inside, I could feel a warmth that seems to have been gone for a very long time.