Music Makes The World Better

Alora's P.O.V.

I was going to be going to an animal shelter with Ashley, that might be the most fun I would have had in the longest time. Ashley was doing really well with keeping to topic off my accident. "So, you had a dog. What else?" He asked as he started to lean back in his chair. "Well, I have two little brothers, they're twins. They're both off somewhere in the middle east. They're both in the Marine Corps. I don't even know if my grandpa has gotten ahold of them to tell them what happened." I said biting my lip while my eyes filled with tears again. I tried to take a deep breath and fanned my eyes to try and make the tears go away. "Why didn't you call them?" Ashley asked crossing his legs and getting a drink from the stewardess. "Because I wouldn't have been able to talk straight to be honest. This is the most I've talked in a month." I admitted and pulled my legs under me to sit criss-cross. "But uhm... Yeah." I said nervously. "Tell me something else." Ashley urged taking a sip of the wine that he had got. "Let's see... I'm not really used to talking about myself." I said with a bit of a nervous laugh. Ashley smiled a bit. "It's okay, take your time." I took a slow deep breath. "I did go to beauty school so I do hair. And I really love doing that. Erm... I can kind of play guitar and piano. I only say kind of because I havn't played in a few years. I like to do voice covers because I'm not able to play the songs. I usually find an instrumental or I do it accapella." I started to talk a bit more and I hesitantly pulled off my hood and lightly touched my stitches. "Sing for me." Ashley said with a wide grin on his face. All I could do is blink, I blinked over and over. My mouth was dry and I couldn't speak. Ashley Purdy wanted me to sing for him. "Who's gonna sing? What?" CC jumped back up and looked at me and Ashley, then back at me and he stared at my stitches and shaved head. I quickly pulled the hood back up and took a sip from my water and coughed a few times. "Uhm, Ashley wants me to sing." I said meekly and rubbed the back of my head. "So, are you going to?" Ashley smiled and looked at CC. "Do I have to?" I asked and bit my lip as I reached for my bag. "Well, I would just like it." Ashley said. "I wanna hear too!" CC grinned, then Jake chimed in. "Me three!" There was a bright blush coming through my makeup now and I pulled out my iPod. "Okay fine. I'll do it." I said as I unlocked my iPod and went to my instrumental for In The End. I looked at the cover art for a moment and took a deep breath before taking another drink of my water before I pressed 'Play'. I closed my eyes and just imagined that I was in my bedroom, my castle, my safe place and I started to sing. I kept my voice a little quieter so not to disturb any other people that might be around. I felt like all of my problems were melting away with every note. I usually sing all the time. But since the accident I hadn't even picked up my iPod, which is scary because I always had it with me and I was always singing. So this was in a way a really good release for me. The song was over and I opened my eyes and I blinked and flinched back when I saw Jinxx and Andy had joined the crowd and I blushed even more. "Was I that bad?" I asked, my voice was a little shaky. I shouldn't have done that song, they were probably insulted. "No, not at all..." Ashley started. "You were amazing!" CC finished. I blushed more and was taken aback. Jake and Jinxx agreed. Then Andy had to butt in of course. "You were a little flat." I rolled my eyes. "No shit Sherlock. I'm a girl I don't have the deepest voice in the world unlike some people." I retorted and all of the guys started to laugh, Andy rolled his eyes and chuckled then went back to his seat. "Really, you were great." Jinxx said with a smile. "Thanks." I replied and scratched my arms a little bit. "Have you ever recorded anything before?" Ashley asked leaning forward again. "Just online. I actually did two versions of this song. One with the music and the other accapella but I've never went into a studio or anything." I said with a light sigh. "I've always wanted to though. But I've just never had the ability to be able to do that." I said biting my lip. Ashley looked over and CC and Jake and he seemed to have a sneaky grin on his face but I just brushed it off. I just brushed it off and grabbed my headphones and put one in my ear and kept the volume low so that I could still hear but I thought that the music might help my psyche. I kind of tuned out the guys while they started talking, I hummed quietly to myself and closed my eyes and started to doze off once more.