Question Time

Ashley's P.O.V.

The meeting had run late and I raced home as fast as I could. During a little break I watched the video that Jinxx had sent me of the ultrasound, I nearly cried. We were going to have a beautiful baby girl. It was nearly unreal. Everything felt so much more real now but still like a dream. If my car I had the ring box, I had it set on the dash and kept glancing at it as I drove home. It just felt right. Tonight was the night. I was starting to get giddy with anticipation while I drove, just wanting the street lights to stay green so I could get home faster. Once I did get home I ran up the steps and opened the door and saw Alora asleep on the couch with Killer and Tokyo snoozing in her lap as well, until I closed the door. Tokyo jumped up and ran towards me, Killer stayed in Alora's lap, nuzzling her hand to wake her up. Alora's eyes slowly started to flutter open and she smiled when she saw me. "Hey babe." She said as she picked up Killer and slowly stood on her feet. Her belly was starting to show more but I still thought she looked amazing. It just made me sad that she would hardly touch me anymore, she didn't feel the same way I felt about her. I thought that she was even more beautiful than she had ever been, and she felt like she looked disgusting. No doubt it was because of Juliet's jabs at her while we were still on the bus. "I ordered dinner." Alora said as she walked over to me and set Killer down on the floor and I crouched down and gave both of the pooches some love then stood back up and hugged Alora close to me and kissed her lips softly. I could feel the small smile on Alora's lips as she kissed me back. The ring box was starting to feel heavy in my pocket. I had to do it now or else I wouldn't do it. "Alora, you know I love you right?" I asked looking down at her as I slowly pulled the box out of my pocket. "Of course I do."

Alora's P.O.V.

I smiled softly as I watched Ashley slowly start to kneel on the carpet and he held a black velvet box in the palm of his hand. I felt like all the blood had left my face, the baby started to kick and roll wildly, as if she knew what was going on. "A-Ashley...?" I couldn't even finish the question that I was going to ask. "Alora Leann Fawver, you're the love of my life, the mother of my child, we've been through hell and back together. I've seen you at your lowest and I've watched you grow through your pain. I've seen you blossom into a gorgeous young woman. You accept me with all my faults and still love me though all the crazy fangirl nonsence. Alora... Would you do me the great honour of marrying me?" Ashley's words were so perfect that they brought tears to my eyes. I clapped both of my hands over my mouth as he opened the box revealing a silver ring that had an onyx stone in the center and little diamonds around it. A few tears fell from my eyes and I nodded and choked out. "Yes, yes Ashley, I will." The smile that was on my face was to big and bright I couldn't believe that it was from me. Ashley stood up and slipped the ring on my finger and kissed me as if it had been years since he had kissed me but at the same time, it was like our first kiss. It was hard and passionate, yet sweet and loving. It was in the midst of our kiss that our little girl started kicking and rolling around. I couldn't help but giggle and I took Ashley's hand and let her kick and roll against his hand. "I think baby Purdy is happy." I said with a smile. "Well I hope mama Purdy is happy too." Ashley chuckled as he knelt down and kissed and rubbed my belly, whispering to the baby. "Of course she's happy." I replied with a small laugh. Nothing could break me now, I was the happiest I've ever been in my whole life.