Test

So....This is a test if you can survive this book. This is the easy stuff so if you cry during this you will probably be destroyed while reading this...... TEST START!!!!

(Alone on the Water AU)

Sherlock pulled out the pills. His hands were shaking, just a tiny bit. He smirked at his hands, his own body was betraying him, and how true of it was it now.

You have a tremor intermitted in your left hand.

Sherlock looked down at it. It was bony, he was able to see his knuckles through his skin. It was shaky as it held the cold plastic container that held the pills. Just tiny little things that could end a life. So stupid.

Sherlock pulled out his phone with his other hand, and had to redial two times, once because of his hands shaking and the other because he was no longer able to see out of his right eye. His brain was dying.

All that he had worked for since he was just a child was unraveling. It was going too quickly, like sand slipping through his fingers. It took years and decades to work it all up, and in just a few weeks and one paper, and only one sentence, it was all gone. Sherlock still remembered it.

Sherlock, I'm so sorry, but you have brain cancer.

That's when it all went downhill, Sherlock was forgetting, he was absentminded, he could think at all. That's the moment when Sherlock started to scramble to try and keep his memories, which were nearly all gone. He couldn't even remember his brother, or his land lady or John's last girlfriend. 

He couldn't remember anything. He couldn't think what might be in the future.

He just had to live in the present.

"Sherlock! Where are you!"

"Hello John. How are you?

"What? Sherlock what are you doing?"

"John. I really am sorry. Just, just don't worry, I'm fine. 'M fine."

"Please. Don't."

"I promise you'll be okay. Mary will be safe and I'll be able to remember and escape this horrible place and just......remember. Is that really a bad thing?"

"Sherlock. Please don't do this."

A chuckle.

"John. You know I'm going to do it. And you can't stop me. I don't want to see your face when I die. I've already seen it before."

Sherlock opened the bottle with shaking hands.

"Sherlock. Please.Please."

He poured the two pills onto his hand.

"Sherlock. Don't."

He took the pills. And he smiled. He crawled over to one slimy, algae covered wall and leaned against it, his hair damp and his breathing shallowed. It would only take an hour or so. It would take much longer than that for John to find him.

But John surprised him. Fifty six minutes later John ran up the ally way, closely followed by Lestrade, who left, shouting for an ambulance. Sherlock dizzily blinked his eyes, trying to focus on John's face.

"I must be dead." Sherlock said with a smile. There was no possible way that a human could be this loyal to a man like Sherlock. He was horrible, an annoying dickhead that ruined lives. Why would John want to see him in his last moments?

"Sherlock. Don't die. Please." Tears were falling down John's face. Sherlock felt his blood pressure drop. He inhaled sharply, trying to ignore the pain in his chest. If this was it.....

"I guess this is my last chance to say it. John Watson I-........"

".....Sherlock's a girl's name." he said. John laughed, tears racing down his face.

It seemed that every time Sherlock wanted to say "I love you" the words stumbled out of his mouth wrong. Twisted up in their own strange ways. Sherlock's special way of saying 'I love you'.

And that's how Sherlock died, looking up at John's laughing face. That's how he wanted to, and that's how he did.

Did you pass? If you cried you didn't. If you didn't cry you passed. Have fun reading the rest of this book if you passed!