Chapter 12

Julians POV

I got home from the school day and headed straight to my room.

The guy's interactions with Maya have been worrying me lately. I can't tell if they like her or hate her and are faking liking her. Their behavior has been confusing me lately. One moment they're all smiles and laughs then the next they do a 180 switch, and they seem annoyed or mad.

Mad at who? I have no idea. I won't lie, my brothers have always been confusing. They're not the smartest bunch besides Felix and Jasper

Sadly for me they've been working on closing off their thoughts whenever I'm around. So they'll have facial expressions but wont think about a thing. It's been incredibly frustrating and I can't say I haven't thought about going into their head while they're sleeping and figuring out what's been bothering them.

But I don't want to do that. I'd rather us talk about it. Instead of forcing them to tell me in their sleep.

I've never really liked my powers. It could come into use. But most of the time I just found out stuff I didn't want to know. I'd rather talk things out with people than have them unknowingly tell me. I guess that's one of the reasons I feel bad for Maya. I wish I could've learned about her past when she was willing to tell me about her past. Instead I pretty much just took that from her.

I pull out my phone and text them in our group chat to meet in the living room. Where I like to have our meetings. We have our meetings to talk about our lives or to talk things out with each other whenever they're mad at each other.

After doing this I head downstairs to the living room and wait for all of them to get down there. Jasper per usual is the first one to get there. Damien is the last one to get there. They all sit down on the couch and look towards me. I can tell Jasper is trying to figure out what is happening. But he doesn't know. The rest of them are all closing me out besides Jasper who just has thoughts of what I'm doing.

"Alright guys what's wrong with you?" I ask them while trying not to sound annoyed. I'm probably the nicest of all my brothers. I like to make sure everyone's happy. I don't like making other people sad. While my brothers usually dont give a shit.

Automatically I can feel as they all close off their thoughts to me. "Nothings wrong" they all say at the same time.

"Yes because that didn't make anything more suspicious" I say sarcastically.

"What's wrong?" I ask again. They all look around at each other. "We should tell him," Jasper finally says. Arguments start to arise from the group around me but I look towards Jasper and I raise an eyebrow. "Tell me what?"

"We're just making it worse by not telling him" Jasper says looking at the rest of my brothers. "C'mon guys whatever it is can't be that bad" A few of them look down at their laps guiltily. "Please just tell me" I say after a moment of silence.

Damien is the first one to look up at me. "We all like Maya."

I can't even imagine what my face looks like right now. "What?" I ask looking at the rest of them. They all nod their heads in confirmation and I can't help but look down at the ground confused on what to do.

"Julian?" I hear someone say. I looked up at Damien to see he was the one that said something. "I really like her. I know I haven't spent a lot of time with her. Not as much as you anyways but I really like her. She's honestly one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen and one of the kindest. I can see her with me." he stops talking for a second then looks down at the ground. "I can see her with us. She's made for us." He looks up at me with watery eyes.