Chapter 20

We soon got back to school and I was currently in homeroom with Julian. Who at the moment looked like he was having an anxiety attack. He kept bouncing one of his legs and looking around the room while rubbing his hands against one another.

"Are you okay?" I ask him. His gaze snaps towards me and he instantly calms down. "I'm fine" he replies back then looks towards the front of the room. Only to start bouncing his leg again. I put my hand on his shoulder in comfort. "Seriously, are you okay? You can tell me if something is worrying you." He looks towards me and smiles.

"I'm just worried about everything with your ex. We don't even know who turned him." He looks down at his laps and mutters something. I raise one of my eyebrows when he looks back up at me. "What was that?" I ask.

He looked around the classroom seeing that a few people were glancing in our direction every now and then. Obviously thinking I was making him uncomfortable or something. "Maybe we should talk about this when we're back at home." I nodded my head at him. "Okay but we are not delaying it any more than that." He nods his head then proceeds to pull his phone out of his pocket.

Quinn soon walks in. I got to be honest I forgot about her. She comes stumbling in. "I'm so sorry I was late I was dealing with so-" She tried to finish her sentence but was cut off. "-It's fine Quinn go sit down." She nods her head then comes walking towards her desk. Which was still right behind us. She glances at me on her way.

She stops in her tracks and smiles at me. "Hi Maya." She greets me with a wave of her hand. I smile at her and wave my hand back. "Hi Quinn" She walks towards our desk and stops in front of me. She looks at me hesitatingly. I look at her confused. "What's up?"

"I was just wondering if you knew where Alyssa was? I know you guys used to be friends and she kind of just disappeared out of nowhere." She looks down at my desk and mutters something that catches Julian's attention. He looks up at her looking mad at whatever she had said.

Seeing this Quinn looks towards him and when she sees his expression she quickly turns into looking terrified. He looks into her eyes and says "You are going to sit back in your seat and never think nor say that again. You know it's not true." He finishes his sentence and Quinn nods her head while smiling. I looked around the room to see no one was paying attention to us as of right now.

Quinn walked away and I looked towards Julian confused. "What'd she say?" I ask. "Nothing that's worth worrying about." I sit up in my seat. Straightening my back. "Tell me" I demand. Julian's expression turns into a stormy one at my demand. "You wanna try that again?" he asks as his voice goes slightly deeper.

I purse my lips at him. "Please" He tilts his head down, motioning for me to keep talking. "Please can you tell me?" I asked him again. He smiles at this then nods his head. The stormy expression leaving his face. I didn't know if I should be thankful for that or not.

"She just said you were the last one with her. Which isn't true by the way, technically Max was the last one with her, in her final moments."

"Are other people thinking that?" I ask him as a grimace goes onto my face. He looks around at the people in the classroom. I already knew that he was trying to directly read their thoughts to figure out who was thinking what. "Some of them, but that doesn't really matter. We'll compel them later for you, if you want."

"Thank you. I don't really care what they think however. Maybe that will stop them from coming up to me. I just don't want any law officials knocking on our door."

He nods his head in agreement. "I never really liked cops."

Later on and it was time to go to science, and I was not looking forward to most of it. Besides the fact that Silas will now be in that class. I was just hoping Sloan wasn't one to be stupid and would stay away from the two of us.