Ako x Childhood Friend Male Reader

Requested by sakanadeSama

Your POV

Hi there, my name is (Y/N) (L/N), and I am here to share with you a story about a good friend of mine. Her name is Udagawa Ako, and she and I have been friends for a long time. Childhood friends for that matter.

She and I first met on our first day of school. I was really shy back then, so it was no secret that I was struggling in making friends. I always played by myself, and ate lunch alone. However, one person did approach me.

"Hey, what are you doing here alone?"

The kid who approached me was a girl with purple hair and crimson red eyes. This, of course, was Ako, but I didn't know that.

"Oh, umm... no reason." I said.

"Is it okay if I sit with you?" She asked.

This is the first time anyone has spoken to me. I felt like I was about to cry. But I gave the girl a small smile, and an answer...

"Sure thing, I don't mind." I said.

The girl smiled as she sat down next to me.

"Thank you for letting me sit with you." She said.

"Umm, yeah... no problem."

"Oh yeah, I haven't introduce myself yet. My name is Udagawa Ako. Nice to meet you." She said.

"Nice to meet you, too. My name is (Y/N) (L/N)." I said with a small smile.

And with that, Ako and I became friends. We hung out with each other as much as possible. I would come over to her house, and she would come over to my house. Indeed, I guess you could say that having Ako in my life is the best thing that ever happened to me.
______________________________________

Many years later...

However, things have taken an interesting turn as we got older. While I was figuring out what I want to do with my life, Ako decided to join this girls band called Roselia. I was happy for her at the start, but once I learned how hard it was to work with the leader of Roselia, Minato Yukina, I wanted her to quit as soon as possible. But in the end...  

"Why do you want me to leave Roselia?" Ako asked with tears in her eyes.

"I just don't think this band is right for you." I said. "Especially if you have to take orders from that Minato Yukina character."

"But Yukina-san can be nice sometimes. She even praised me the other day because of how good my drumming has gotten!"

"Ako...'

"But if you don't want to support me, that's fine." She said. "But together, all five of us are going to get into Future World Fes, and we'll win the whole thing!"

Ako stormed off, leaving me speechless by her own words. Why did I even say that to my own friend? I felt stupid for even saying that in the first place. Maybe I did it because I never actually saw Ako play the drums, and if she is being praised for it, then I should be happy for her.

"I'll make sure to make things right with her the next chance I get." I said to myself. Although, it wasn't that easy.
______________________________________

A year later...

Location - Future World Fes

Ever since that day, Ako has been avoiding me. I have been feeling heartbroken because of it. I tried calling and texting her saying I was sorry, but she never replied. Could it be that she is busy, or does she still hate me?

Just then, my phone vibrated and I checked it. It was a check from Ako, and this is what she said... 

Ako's text: Please come watch Roselia perform at Future World Fes! :D

I wanted to her my support, so I ended up going to the event. I made sure to get a front row seat so that Ako could see me. Roselia took the stage after some time had gone by.

"Hello, we are Roselia. Mind giving us a listen?"

The crowd was cheering hard for them. I never really expected them to be this popular. They played their songs, and I became captivated by their music.

After the show ended, Ako and I went to go talk to each other privately.

"Well, what do you think?" She asked.

"It was amazing to see all of you on that stage. You were able to win over the audience, including me."

"Really? That makes me happy coming from you!" She said.

"I also want to say sorry for not being supportive when you first joined Roselia. I hope you can forgive me."

"Of course I forgive you! You're my childhood friend, after all." I said as she gave me a hug.

I hugged and I stood there feeling happy, knowing that my childhood friend is back in my life.

The end

A/N: And with that, we have reached the end of this one-shot. Thank you very much for reading. I hope you guys like it, and I'll see you in the next one-shot. Have a good one. :)