two

i wake up abruptly by my mom shaking me and yelling at me to get up. "what time is it?", i ask in a tired tone. "it's 7:15. you have to be at school by 7:30. you're going to have to walk.. well run because i have to go to work", she says walking out of my room. shit i didn't mean to sleep so fucking late.

i get up and quickly get ready. i basically run downstairs and out the door. as i'm running to school i see that same nice ass car pull up next to me, billies. "do you need a ride? you're gonna be late if you just walk.. or run to school", i hear that bitch say. i give in, considering i don't really have any other option.

i get into her car and she starts driving. i'm breathing heavily since i was just running. "you good?", she asks followed by a laugh. "um yes? i like just ran a mile", i say still trying to catch my breath. "you know, it's kinda hot seeing you all out of breath", i hear her say and i just look at her. i don't say anything and just pretend to go on my phone.

"so.. what's your name?", she asks and i look up from my phone and don't answer. there's a moment of silence when she speaks up. "well the names billie by the way", she says and i let out a small 'cool'. she's actually not that bad but.. she's a little weird and i don't know.. bold?

we arrive at school shortly after and i quickly get out. "you're welcome", i hear her say and i yell out a "thank you", and run into school. did i almost forget to thank her? yes. do i really care? no. she still hasn't said sorry for being a bitch so.

i walk into class about ten minutes late and hear my teacher say, "averill, you're late", i don't answer and just roll my eyes going to my seat in the back of the class. why the fuck do teachers feel the need to say shit that i literally already know. like yes i fucking know i'm late.

"so the names averill? good to know", i hear a voice say behind me. i quickly turn around and see that bitch ass billie girl from not even five minutes ago. i kinda jumped because one, i didn't even know she was in this fucking class and two, i could have sworn she was still in her car when i ran out. i didn't answer and just rolled my eyes and turned back around.

some time passes and first period finishes. i begin to walk to my second class and meet drew on the way. "bro that new girl drove me to school today. and her mom let me have dinner with them last night?", i say and drew smirks at me. i playfully punch her arm. "why the fuck have you guys been acting to weird?", i ask. "no reason", is all i get from her.

i get to my second period and sit down where i usually do. doing the same shit in french class that we've been doing all year.

~time skip to lunch~

i walk into the cafeteria and see that none of my friends are there so i figure they're outside since there's like a courtyard thing that we occasionally sit at.

i walk outside and see them sitting at a table. i begin walking over and see that billie is sitting with them. "um what's she doing here?", i ask confused. "oh i said she could sit with us since she's new and didn't have anywhere to sit", halley says.

i sit down in the only spot left and of course it had to be right next to billie. she smiles at me and i just pull out a protein bar out of my backpack.

i just listen to the conversation that the table is having when i feel eyes on me. i look to my left and see billie literally just staring at me. "um can you like not?", i say rudely. "so averill", she begins to say when everyone looks at us. "what's your deal?", she asks. "um nothing? you're the one trying to start something", i say and take another bite of my bar. "can i call you av?", she asks and i just shrug my shoulders. "i don't really care what you call me", i say back. "aight mama", i hear her say and everyone has a smirk on there face. i just roll my eyes at her statement.