CHAPTER 10

NARRATED

They got to the hotel and Zithulele checked them in. they walked to their room and the moment Zithulele closed the door after them, he brought her closer to him and smashed his lips against hers. It was their first time kissing. He grabbed her, bringing her closer to him because he couldn’t survive her being an inch away from him. Veli was enjoying the kiss so much but she feared that it would escalate to other things. So she broke it which make Zithulele groan in frustration.

“Baby, this is my first time tasting your lips. Please let me taste and devour them in peace.” He said looking at her while biting his lip.
“But you will get hard and then become grumpy. I don’t want a grumpy Zithulele in my presence.” She said looking straight in his eyes showing that she wasn’t intimidated by him and that turned Zithulele on so bad.

“Do you mind if I take my time and admire you?” he asked singing and Veli laughed as she detached herself from him and went to open the curtains. She also opened the windows and just admired the view. She closed her eyes to take it all in. Zithulele came and pressed himself against her body. He wrapped his arms around her waist and she placed her hands on his arms. “So you are mine now, right?” he whispered that in her ear as he planted soft kisses on her neck.

She laughed a bit and opened her eyes. “I don’t know if I should agree to be yours. I mean I am too young to share a man. I don’t have that much patience and level of understanding.”
“But it won’t even feel like it. Sithandile said she won’t come to stay in the rurals. So you will stay here with me and I will only see her when I am in Durban.”

Veli chuckled and removed his arms around her. She went to sit on the bed. “And that is a healthy marriage according to you? Not staying together? Clearly we have different perspectives of marriage.”
“Can we just enjoy this we have and worry about other things later?”

“No. we can’t. I don’t wanna get ahead of myself. Promise myself things that I know won’t happen. Give my all to you only for you to leave me dry and hanging.”

He sighed and removed his shoes. He also removed her sandals. He climbed onto the bed, laid down and brought her to lie on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her. “I am not going to give you empty promises. If you want, I can even pay lobola for you next month just to prove how much I love you and how much you mean to me. And I promise you will never be subjected to drama and silly fights because of me. I know how to put my affairs in order.”

She raised her head and starred at him. He couldn’t help but smile because she was looking so cute right now. He perked her lips and she giggled. “Stop charming me.”

He chuckled. “I am not. I am just admiring your beauty. You are so beautiful Velisani Jiki.” That made her shy, so she buried her head in his chest and that made him laugh. He cleared his throat and started singing.

“Sthandwa sami umuhle
Baby wam umuhle
Kimi uyathandeka buyangichaza ubuhle bakho
Sthandwa sami umuhle.”

Veli raised her head to look at him with a smile. “Who composed that song?”
“I did. I just came up with it now just from looking at you.”
“Please stop being so charming.” He laughed. “And I am hungry.” She said getting up. He picked up the phone and ordered room service.

“I have ordered. Now come back to my arms.” She shook her head and went to sit in front of the mirror. She checked herself out. “You look beautiful. Here, take pictures.” He said handing her his phone which was a Huawei Mate 40. She took it and took numerous photos. He ended up joining her because you could see that she was far from finishing. “We should get you an advanced phone also.”

“I bought a Huawei Nova 8 with the money you gave me but I am going to start using it once I am in Jozi and I am going to tell my parents that I bought it from amaphara at a cheap price. I mean how else am I going to explain an 11k phone?”

“But that money was for you to spoil yourself and not for buying a phone. I was going to buy you one.”

“Well you can refund me then.” She said with an innocent smile and he just laughed. Food arrived, so they sat down and started eating. Well Veli was eating. Zithulele was just staring at her. “Lele stop staring at me like that you are going to make me choke on my food.” He chuckled and started eating his food.

--
AZANDA BUTHELEZI

After Veli left, Roxy received a call from the lodge she booked for the competition. She was told that the only available date is in 2 months. Of course we were a bit disappointed but it was cool because we were the only ones who knew about it and we hadn’t told anyone.

“So do you wanna meet my grandma? She is inside the house. Pretty sure she will invite you for supper though.” I say to Roxy as I walk her out.
“Just tell me which time you guys eat supper. I will come and maybe I will also get to officially meet your mom.”
“We usually eat at 7:30pm.”
“Okay. See you them.” she hugs me and walks out of the gate.

Nkululeko appears out of nowhere and walks beside her. I watch them disappear around the corner and then head back to the ladies. Only two grass mats left until we finish Sisi Zamile’s order. We finish the grass mats and we go place them at the garage along with the 28 we already weaved.

“Finally. We can now move on to another project.” Sisanda says with her hands on her waist. I frown turning to her.
“We have another project?” they all look at me like I’ve grown horns on my head.

“The AFDA project Azanda. They have asked us to make them African beaded costumes for their upcoming carnival or annual festival. They even sent some suggestions. Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten.” Nombuyiselo says in a disappointed tone. I sigh, placing my hand in my forehead.

“Honestly I had forgotten but that’s what I love about working together because we remind each other of things like these.”
“Yeah and before I forget like you,” Sisanda says making us all laugh. “We should buy more beads since they are cheaper in Jozi.”

“Yeah, you’re right. Now that we are all going, I am so excited. We are going to party.” Nomthandazo says dancing a little. “Ohh where is Veli when I need someone to hype me?” we laugh at her. “Are we going to umvalelo ka Phindile? I heard Nomzamo and her crew are going to be there.”
“When did she come back to wherever she way?” I ask as we make our way out of the garage.

“Few days ago. I am sure they will compete in Roxy’s competition with hopes to beat us.” Nombuyiselo says with a laugh.
“If only they focused on making themselves better instead of always wanting to compete with us. They are so childish.” Sisanda says shaking her head and laughing a little.
“You’re being dramatic.” I say and we all laugh.
.
.
.
#Isigodi
#MinenhleNkosiTheAuthor