CHAPTER 24

I honestly don’t know how to answer him. I could lie or make up a reason why I decided to ghost or disappear on him but I ain't going to do any of that. Instead I am just going to keep quiet until someone calls us. I can't help myself. I look at him from head to toe. He is looking very handsome in dress pants, a golf t shirt and sneakers. I really wanna keep quiet but things are going to be weird but I don’t want them to be. I also don’t wanna allow his gaze to penetrate me just like his dick did hours ago. I clear my throat and give him a fake smile.

“So what is it that you do around here?” he frowns. He definitely wasn’t expecting that question. I am pretty sure he was expecting something like ‘I am sorry for running away. I didn’t wanna catch feelings. So that's why I left.’ Poor him because that’s not the response he is going to get. “I am interested in knowing your role here so that we won't cross paths in the future.” He shakes his head. Probably thinking ‘this chick is crazy or delusional.’

“Unfortunately for you Miss, I will be teaching you a 5-day General Management Course. So it's safe to say you will see me each day you are here. Now back to my question, and I am not going to drop this until you answer me. Why did you leave?”

“Are you really that interested in knowing the reason behind my early departure? Or you are just pissed that someone did what you usually do to women? Stomped on your ego?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Your reputation precedes you, Sizabantu. Your sister was kind enough to tell me a lot about you. Unfortunately she calls you Bantu. That’s why I somehow fell into your web, but luckily I got out so early before anything could happen. I mean I wasn’t expecting to lose my virginity to a one night stand but it happened. And now, can we move on from this? It happened, you took my virginity and fucked me from dusk till dawn. Can we move on now?” his eyes pop out.

“You were a virgin? Why didn't you tell me?” he is raising his voice and I don’t feel comfortable having this conversation in a lobby.

“Don't tell me you didn’t feel it. I thought guys always know and can tell on the first penetration ukuthi no mann, no other bull has been inside here. Even the blood can vouch for me.”

“I thought you got on your periods and it got super weird and embarrassing for you. That’s one of the reasons why I thought you left. I did feel that you were super tight, like really tight.” He sighs and holds my hand. “Can we just talk about it?”

“No. I didn’t come here to talk about what happened between us. Can we just build a bridge and get over it? Thank you.” I walk away to join the others. Veli is looking at me with that ‘spill' look. I just chuckle and shake my head. Siza just walks past everyone to the elevator.

“Awkward.” Smilesihle says and his siblings laugh. “Moving on,” I burst out laughing. I mean their brother seems upset but they are moving on like nothing happened.

“He will get over it. Siza always throw tantrums when things don’t go his way. Whatever happened between you guys must have humbled him. Please stay longer here.” Sinothando says and her siblings laugh again.

“Anyways familiarize yourself with the place and you are going to have your first class or lesson at 10 am which will last for an hour, another from 11 am to 12 pm and after that you will go for lunch which is 45 minutes. After lunch, you will have practicals. You will always do the heavy learning at the morning and practicals during the day. You will get your correct schedules for the two weeks tomorrow morning or late today before you leave. Your certificates will be sent to you via post after a month. Okay, that's all for now.” Smilesihle says and walks away.

“You saw where the lessons take place, so you won't have any problems getting there. On Saturdays from 10 am to 3pm. You will have to come and do your craft which might be featured ln the glass wall at the entrance with your name on it.” Sinothando winks and then walks away.

“Watch out for her. She is lesbian.” Nzelwe says wjth a smirk and also walks away.

“So we are like stranded until our first class?” Sisanda asks and I chuckle.

“Seems like it.” Mbuyi says. “Let's just sit at the lobby and enjoy free Wi-Fi.” They have already given us the password. We all agree and then go sit back to the couches. “Le good life.” We laugh.

--

The second class is Siza's. I thought it would be only the five of us but there are also 3 other ladies and 5 guys with us. Siza is very intelligent. He is teaching with so much ease and don’t even get annoyed when someone stops him to ask a question of find some clarity. Our eyes keep meeting every now and then but that’s expected because he has to look at all of us while teaching.

“We are at the end of our first lesson but just to test if you guys were with me and not admiring each other or me,” Siza says and we laugh. “I am going to ask you a few questions. Okay, I am going to start with Zinhle, right?” the lady at the front nods. “Name four fundamental management functions.”

“Planning, organizing, leading and controlling.” The lady answers with confidence.

“Correct. Now Menzi, mention the categories in which managers are classified into.”

“Two categories, according to their level in their organization and function or specialist area of management for which they are responsible.”

“I am really glad to see that you guys were listening. Now Nomthandazo, name three management skills managers need to perform effectively in different levels.”

“Conceptual skills, interpersonal skills and technical skills.”

“Azanda, what are conceptual skills?”

“They are the mental ability to view the operation of the organization and its part holistically. Thinking and planning abilities.”

“And that concludes today's class. Thank you so much for your participation. I hope that you will carry on being this attentive throughout the whole week. Have a good day.” We all stand up and pack our things. My phone rings as we are heading out. I laugh and answer it when I see that it's Roxy.

“Did you wait for my lunch break just so you can call?” she chuckles.

“Bitch you weren't even updating me. Are those morons  treating you well? If Bantu has said something offensive, tell me, I will deal with him.” I laugh. If only she knew what he has done. It's more than saying something offensive, he entered my father's kraal and ate his cow.

“I am super hungry. We will chat after I have eaten.”

“Sounds like you're avoiding me but I am also meeting up with the mayor's secretary. Bye babes.”

“Bye love.” I hang up.

“Does your love know that you have given your virginity to me?” I turn to find Siza staring at me with his arms folded on his chest. Dear God. Help me now.

“Who I talk to is none of your business. And don’t ever eavesdrop on my conversations with other people.” He raises his hand in surrender but there is some sarcasm in the way he is looking at me.

“Sorry Miss Buthelezi.” He chuckles and walks away.