CHAPTER 28

Arriving at home, we find Sethulo inside the house chatting with Nsezi and Skaqa. Gadla was the one who drove us to the mall. Sethulo is not alone. Next to him is Ntokozo, Nomzamo's best friend. What is she doing here? Are they an item? If so, how serious are they? He spots me and immediately stands up. He comes to me and looks at me. It's like he is trying to read me.

“How are you doing bhuti?” he smiles a bit and hugs me.

“I am fine. I just wanna know why I was called here in such a hurry.”

“How about we eat dinner first before we talk? Aren't you tired?” he rolls his eyes.

“I want to know why you said you needed me. Tell me sisi.”

“Aren't you going to introduce your friend?” he huffs.

“You know Ntoko and she also knows you, so there is no need for introductions.”

“Fine.” I pull him outside and we sit on the pool chairs. “Have you ever broken someone's virginity?” his eyes pop out and he blinks too much.

“Why are you asking that?”

“Just answer the question. It's not about you.” He swallows hard.

“Yes, I have.”

“What did you do after that? Did you pay for inkomo kamama?” he clears his throat.

“No. I never did. She never asked for it.”

“So it's her duty to ask for it? You see nothing wrong with entering another man's kraal and eating his cow?”

“Hhay Azanda, why am I being put in a trial?” I chuckle.

“The thing is, I slept with someone. It wasn't planned. Just a spare of the moment thing. And I know questions will be asked if I don’t go to the reed dance this year. So I want him to come pay before that. Maybe after 2 weeks or so.” He is clenching his jaws. He is not even looking at me but at the pool before us. “Say something bhuti.”

“I need a drink.” He stands up and heads back inside.

I sigh and bury my head in my hands. If the mediator is the one angry at me, then who is going to help me with this? I stand up and head back inside. He is drinking beer at the kitchen. He looks at me and then back at his bottle. I sigh and head to my room. I lock it and go bath. As I am drying my body, my phone rings. I wear my sleepers and rush to it. It's a video call from Siza. His timing sucks. Anyways I answer it.

“Damn. I love my timing.” He says and I chuckle. “Please remove that towel.” I laugh and roll my eyes. He is leaning on the headboard and wearing a light vest.

“What do you want Sizabantu?”

“Don't call me that. Only my father calls me by my full name.”

“Well consider me the second person to call you that on a daily basis.” He grunts and I laugh. “Anyways, how can I help you Mr. Maphumulo?”

“Join me for dinner tomorrow night.” I sigh.

“I don’t want to.” He laughs.

“You want me to charm you into agreeing to go on a date with me? Because I can do that my love. You are lucky because I have been very lenient with you. Once I use my charms, you won't be able to resist.” I laugh.