AZANDA'S INTERVIEW

A SNEAK PEEK ON ONE OF AZANDA’S INTERVIEWS

Zimasa: “Good evening and welcome to your favourite show, What’s New And Hot With Zee. Joining us today is the new and fresh face in the music industry. Miss Azar who is currently under Blue Diamond Music. How are you doing, Azar?” Azanda smiles, leaning forward.

Azanda: “I am doing okay, Zee. I am just delighted to be here.”

Zee: “how has the journey been like for you? You were discovered at a competition in your home town, if I am not mistaken. How did that feel? Your talent being discovered by one of the most powerful record labels. That might have been a dream come true, if I may say.”

Azanda: “I wasn’t expecting anything like that at all. I knew I was going to win because I believe in my voice and talent. I know I am a talented singer with a powerful voice but being recognized by bhut Yandisa and sis Mandisa, now that was an emotional moment for me. I was over the moon. At first I thought they were pranking me.” Zee laughs. I am serious. Anyways the journey has been wonderful. Stressful, yes but nothing short of amazing. It’s good to recognized when you are just walking at a mall and then someone says ‘OMG that’s Azar’. Trust me, that’s awesome.” They both laugh.

Zee: “I know the feeling. So in a Facebook post you posted a while ago, you said you are content at your home town and you wouldn’t move because you just love your way of life and you are not fazed by the city life. What changed or you are a person who easily goes back against her own words?” Azanda chuckles.

Azanda: “I think you know, in fact everyone knows why I moved. A great opportunity was presented to me and I couldn’t let it go just because I once said I would never move. Back then, there wasn’t such an opportunity given to me. I didn’t see myself becoming a famous artist like I am right now. So yeah, I wasn’t going to let it pass. Signing with Blue Diamond didn’t mean I am leaving who I am behind. I am still u Azande izintombi Zama Shenge, the girl from Kwa Mahede who enjoys doing laundry at the river just so I can catch up with my friends on the latest gossip, the girl who enjoys sitting under the tree and doing beadwork and singing with my friends. So I haven’t changed at all. I was just fortunate to be discovered by a powerful music house.”

Zee: “I was not fighting, Miss Azar, I just needed some clarity.”

Azanda: “But it seemed like you wanted me to ignore an opportunity because of a statement I made a year ago. Let me ask you a question, Zee. If you were me, would you have let the opportunity slip from your hands just because, let’s say, you made a promise to your current boyfriend that you are not going to leave your current place of residence?” Zee chuckles.

Zee: “I would have grabbed it with both hands. Speaking about boyfriends, tell us about Mr. Sizabantu Maphumulo. You two are quite the public couple. You are not afraid of showing your love to everyone. Don’t you think that maybe he might switch up on you and then make fun of you in public? You know how messy celebrity breakups can be.”

Azanda: “Before answering your question, let me make something clear. Siza is my fiancé, not my boyfriend. We have done all the traditional ceremonies necessary for a prospective married couple. So according to culture, we are husband and wife. Now back to your question, life is unpredictable. But we are not going to stop showering each other with love in private and public just because we are afraid it might end in tears, as most people like to say. And for future purposes, the interview is about me and my music career. So let’s keep off of my relationship. Thank you.” Zee swallows hard and smiles awkwardly.

Zee: “noted. So tell me, what is your ultimate goal in your music career? What’s the one thing that will make you say ‘yeah, I have made it in life’?”

Azanda: “doing a song with H.E.R. I love that woman. I love her voice, her sound. So working with her would be a dream come true for me. And also a song with Tiwa Savage. I know I will achieve my ultimate dreams because with a manager like Laney, everything is possible.”

Zee: “get me my own Laney.” They both laugh. “Fans and listeners love your music. Your collabo with Keela and Lele seemed to shake Mzansi up. So we wanna know what is for you? What are you currently working on? Which project are you currently busy with?”

Azanda: “I have recently completed my first album which features some of the artists in Blue Diamond Music and other South African artists. It is going to be released next month. I am just anxious about how South Africa is going to receive it but I am also excited to drop such an important project.”

Zee: “that’s good to hear. Before we close, is there anyone you wanna send a shout out to? Maybe your family is watching.”

Azanda: “hell yeah they are watching. I ordered them.” Zee laughs. “Anyways I wanna send a big shout out to my parents, your baby is doing the things and she is going places. Shout out to my family, my friends, my group, Izimbali Zomhlaba. Guys, something is brewing and you know what that means in our language. Shout out to my fiancé, I love you baby. Shout out to everyone at Blue Diamond Music, especially my manager and producer. Shout out to everyone who is always there for me and making things possible. Mostly shout out to my fans, thank you so much for the continuous support and because of you, I have been nominated for the best upcoming artist at the SAMA.”

Zee: “that’s huge. Congratulations.”

Azanda: “thank you.”

Zee: “and folks, that concludes our interview with the wonderful Azar. Thank you for tuning in to What’s New and Hot with Zee. Till next time and don’t forget, Zee always bring you the hottest and next big thing.”