WEDDING CHAPTER PART 1

"I swear to God, I am going to kill Zaba today." I murmur and my sister, Lusanele, laughs.

"That would be a first. Imagine making it to the headlines. 'AZAR KILLS FIANCE ON WEDDING DAY!' now that's a paper worth buying. Should I contact Daily Sun for the inside info?" I huff, rolling my eyes.

"You're not helping."

"Am I supposed to? And don't act all innocent here. You know it takes two to tango."

"If you don't shut up right now, Sane, I swear to God you are going to predecease your brother in law." She raises her hands up, surrendering and I throw myself on the bed. "Since when are you a Zaba fan?"

She snorts. "Everyone is a Siza fan in this household, well except for dad."

I have finally finished my qualification and have received a confirmation letter. It has been a rough, bumpy three years but Zaba and I made it. Honestly if he wasn't near me, I would've done some pretty stupid things that might have ruined my reputation. I am still signed under Blue Diamond Music and my fan base is still increasing, even today. I have not changed my sound or my image, I guess that's what my fans find most admirable. I just evolve and grow but not change.

Zaba decided that we should have a summer wedding. So that's why we are getting married in December in this scorching annoying heat. I hate him for that. My father has extended all the houses in the yard. They even have air conditioners but they don't make this heat less bearable. What is also making me fuggy and irritable is that my doctor has contacted me and told me that I am pregnant. Since I am a public figure, it is important to make sure I am healthy all the time. So a monthly check up to my doctor is of paramount importance.

Now imagine my surprise when she called to tell me that I am carrying. Worse, it couldn't have been a false alarm because it was blood tests. I am mad at Zaba for impregnating me and I am super pissed that I found out about it a few hours before our wedding. I can't shout at him freely because this whole weekend we are going to be surrounded by people all the time. I think the only chance we will get to breathe is on our honeymoon which we will head off to on the 26th of December. My anger would've subsided by then.

We are actually having the whole thing in one week. Umncamo has already occurred earlier this evening. Our traditional wedding is going to be at his homestead tomorrow on Thursday. Friday we will spend the night in hotels and on Saturday it's the white wedding. Fuck, I am even worried about my dress fitting. What if I have gained weight within these few hours of making this huge discovery? God, I am going to murder my dear future husband when I lay my eyes on him.

Maybe I should go to MaMhlongo just to get some third opinion. Yah that seems like a plan. I stand up, covering my shoulders with a shawl and fixing my head wrap.

"Where are you off to?" Sane asks, also standing up. I am not allowed to move around the yard because it might bring bad luck. I am also not allowed to wonder around with isinqindi which is a knife that most brides carry.

She is like my bodyguard for these few days. She is umkhaphi omkhulu for the traditional part of the wedding because she understands tradition better and the Buthelezi family don't trust no one, even their soon to be daughter in law. You heard that correct. Zithulele and Velisani had both their Xhosa and Zulu traditional weddings at the beginning of this year. Then Veli fell pregnant, so they had to postpone her wedding. She gave birth in October to a very handsome young man named Kungentando Siqalosamashenge Buthelezi whom I adore with all my heart. Maybe I should stop adoring these little humans. That's how I got pregnant in the first place.