eight.

08 ▎a friend.

━━━━

"what are you doing in front of jeongguk's locker..?"

taehyung flinched and looks at the owner of the voice.

his eyes widened, seeing the familiar person. he hurriedly placed the sweater back on its place and closed the box then stands up to face the person.

"i-i was j-just resti-"

"you don't have to lie, you know." the blonde said, now approaching the trembling brunette.

"taehyung, calm down. i don't mean any harm." he said as he noticed the boy's nervous state.

taehyung looks down and clutched the box close to his chest.

"that box, it was his gift for kth." jimin said, looking at the box

"are you.. are you perhaps, kth?" he asked.

taehyung gulped, his eyes still glued on the floor as he can't bear meeting the older guy's eyes.

"k-kth is my f-friend. h-he wants me to g-get it for him." he lied.

jimin lets out a sigh and crossed his arms. "you can't lie to me, kim taehyung."

the brunette gets nervous even more.

he knows my full name..

"it's okay. i won't tell jeongguk, don't worry. you can trust me." jimin added.

"look at me."

the younger boy slowly looked up to meet the other's soft gaze on him and it makes him get better a bit.

"so you're really kth?" the blonde asked.

taehyung slowly nodded and chews his bottom lip.

jimin can't help but to break into a warm smile. "didn't know kth is this adorable."

the younger blushed ever so mad. no one have ever complimented him before.

people only insulted him before. calling him ugly, fat, shortie, f*g, etc. (a.n: tae's short in this ff)

"anyways, we should head out now and talk for a while, don't you think? we can't risk getting caught by the guards." jimin gave taehyung a soft head pat.

the other nodded shyly. "i-i just have to leave a n-note first."

"okay, take your time."

taehyung puts the box down on top of jeongguk's locker and unzips his bag, getting his pink sticky notepad and pen then scribbled down on the first page. when he's done, he puts the note in the door of the locker.

the brunette hugs the box that he got from jeongguk then looks at the blonde and shyly smiled at him. "l-let's go."

"okay! let's go to the café, hm? my treat." jimin grinned and started walking towards the school gate with the boy. "i wanna get to know you."

"y-you don't have to treat me.." taehyung mumbled and looks down, clutching the box.

"i insist and from now on, consider me as your friend!"

the brunette's eyes went wide at what he just heard.

no one wanted to be his friend.

jimin looks at the younger with eyes full of worry as he received mo answer from him and also seeing taehyung's expression. "uh tae..?"

the certain brunette snaps out of his thoughts. "huh?"

"are you okay?" the other worriedly asked.

taehyung nodded and looks down. "i-it's just, no one wanted to b-be my friend."

jimin can't help but to let out a gasp. "and what might be the reason? you're cute and you seem kind so how can people reject you to be their friend?" he crossed his arms.

the brunette blushed softly and he shrugged. "t-they said i'm boring."

"taehyung, you're not boring. you're literally the cutest and kindest in this world. i could even spend my whole year being only with you." jimin stated.

"m-mr. park-"

"call me jimin."

taehyung looks at him and nodded. "o-okay. thank you so much, j-jimin."

jimin looks at him and chuckled. "damn, you're so cute. no wonder my brother likes you a lot."