twenty seven.

27 ▎confusion.

━━━━

jeongguk is sitting on his chair inside his bedroom and staring at a certain piece of paper on his hand. it was the last sticky note that he got from taehyung today.

but, he can't help but to feel sad and wonders why he only got one sticky note today. usually, kth always leaves plenty notes in his locker every single day but today, he only got one. he's still grateful though that at least, he got one instead of not having any.

jeongguk opened a box and placed the sticky note inside of it. the box contains of the sticky notes that he got from kth, treasuring them like they're pure gems.

he got up from his seat to turn the lights off and laid down on his bed. he closed his eyes, remembering what kth told him in one of the note.

i may or may not reveal myself soon.

"cute." he mumbled and chuckled.

he can't help for the day to finally come. he wonders what kth looks like or what this person's voice sounds like. will it be deep? soft? high pitched? or just a normal one? however, jeongguk doesn't really care. all he cares about is the person and their personality.

━━━━

"are you really doing it?" jimin asked.

taehyung nodded. "yes. it's been a while since i started sending him sticky notes and we're a little close now, as taehyung and jeongguk. if he won't accept me, t-then, it's alright. i have to respect his decision and accept the truth. truth hurts indeed."

"i see." jimin nodded and gave the boy a shoulder pat. "i'm rooting for you. when are you gonna do it?"

"this school year's incoming sports day." taehyung smiled.

jimin gasped. "that's next week! you're gonna confess that quick?!"

"confess to what?"

the two jumped up at the sudden voice and saw jeongguk standing in the doorway of the school's restroom.

both taehyung and jimin mentally panicked at the thought of jeongguk hearing their whole conversation.

"s-since when did you arrive?" jimin stuttered.

"just now." jeongguk said and went inside, going inside an empty stall.

taehyung looks at jimin nervously as if asking for some help through his eyes.

"what's your plan? confess to what? aren't we friends?" they heard jeongguk stated inside the stall, followed with a chuckle.

"oh j-just taehyung planning to confess to his h-hyung about something. yeah."

"i see."

after a while, jeongguk came out of the stall and went to the boys. he stands beside taehyung and fixed his messy hair while looking at the mirror.

"are you guys okay? you seem frozen. is something wrong?" he asks, noticing that the two boys aren't doing anything but staring at the mirror in front of them blankly.

"we h-have to go now, ggukie. we'll see y-you later-"

"wait. we have the same class, aren't we, tae? why are you leaving me?" jeongguk sulked.

jimin snickered and wrapped an arm around taehyung's arm. "whatever. follow us then." he pulled the boy out of the restroom but not in a harsh way.

jeongguk can't help but to let out a chuckle but sighed afterwards once he was left alone inside the restroom.

"where are you going?" hoseok asked as soon as jeongguk gets up from his seat.

jeongguk grabbed his bag and turned to leave the place. "restrooms." he answered before leaving.

once he reached the place, he stopped on his tracks outside as he heard familiar voices inside. he can't help but to eavesdrop, confused at what the two are talking about.

"— if he won't accept me, t-then, it's alright. i have to respect his decision and accept the truth. truth hurts indeed."

"i see." jimin nodded and gave the boy a shoulder pat. "i'm rooting for you. when are you gonna do it?"

"this school year's incoming sports day." taehyung smiled.

"who might be this lucky person?" jeongguk asked himself.

jimin gasped. "that's next week! you're gonna confess that quick?!"

he decided that what he heard was enough and went inside.

"confess to what?"

"why am i feeling like this?" he mumbled, following the two boys that are few steps away in front of him.

"i don't like taehyung, i only like kth but.. why am i getting jealous?"