twenty.

20 ▎past.

━━━━

the thirteen year old boy sniffled while hugging his knees close to his chest and sitting on the bench of a park.

he was sobbing, thinking why his mom slapped him and his dad dragged him out of their mansion after confessing to them that he's gay.

the poor boy thought that his parents will still love him after finding out about his real sexuality. but he was so wrong.

his mom who used to cherish and love him with all her heart turned into a monster and slapped her own son after finding out that he's gay.

his father who always buys him new toys and brings his family out often to explore the whole korea as he knew his son loves traveling was the same person who kicked him and dragged him out of their home.

taehyung wonders again, what's wrong with being gay?

━━━━

days have passed and the poor boy is now busy picking up bottles while carrying a sack that he found near some trashes.

taehyung smiles softly, thinking about what to eat this time. maybe a burger? waffles? he doesn't know yet but he sure will decide later.

as he's busy counting the bottles and testing if it's heavy enough, he heard an unfamiliar voice behind him calling for his attention.

"excuse me?" the person asked out.

taehyung slowly looks at the person, seeing a man taller and looks older than him.

the man gave him a genuine smile and held his hand out for the boy. "hi, i'm kim seokjin. and you are?"

the brunette swallowed thickly, thinking if he should trust this person and spill his name.

"oh, it's okay if you don't want to tell me. are you living alone? where's your parents?"

taehyung clutched the dirty looking sack of plastic bottles close to chest. thinking about his parents just makes him sick. "t-they hate me." he hesitantly answered.

seokjin frowned at what he just heard. he crouched down to reach the boy's height. "may i know why?"

"they s-said i'm dirty because i'm gay."

the older can't help but to sneakily clench his fists. he have a huge grudge against homophobic people.

"they k-kicked me out. i don't have a h-house anymore." taehyung added with tears pooling his eyes.

seokjin stared at the boy. he want to hug him so badly but he's afraid that he might scare him.

"can i hug you?" he softly asked.

taehyung nodded while letting out sniffles and wiping away his tears.

seokjin didn't think twice and engulfed the boy in a warm hug. he rubbed his back, letting taehyung cry on his wide shoulder. he doesn't care about his shirt getting wet because of taehyung's tears. he just keeps hugging him.

"how about you come with me to my store, hm? i'll tell you some things in there. i promise you can trust me. i'll never hurt or betray you."

taehyung nodded and then the two started going to seokjin's car, leaving the sack of bottles for anyone to take it as taehyung won't need it anymore.

once the two are settled inside the car, taehyung fiddled with his fingers, getting nervous as he just stained the expensive looking carseat.

"taehyung."

"huh?" seokjin asked in confusion.

"t-taehyung. kim taehyung. that's my name, h-hyung."

"how are you feeling?" seokjin asked, placing the mug of hot chocolate with little marshmallows on top on the table in front of taehyung.

"thank you, hyungie." taehyung looks down at the mug. "i'm okay now. just slightly cold."

seokjin sighed, staring at the younger. "i'll file a complaint against that kwon siah.

"no, no. it's alright hyung." the brunette sighed. "besides, i wasn't paying on time."

"tae, i told you i can just give you money." the older looks at him.

taehyung looks at seokjin. "i don't want to burden you and my salary from the store is enough, hyung."

"you'll never be a burden to me. you're like my younger brother that i cherish a lot." seokjin took a sip from his coffee. "how about you live here with me instead?"

the brunette's eyes went wide. "what? no, that's too much."

"taehyung, it's totally alright-"

"hyung.. no you can't do this."

seokjin held both of taehyung's hands and stared at him softly. "i want to help you, taehyung. please let hyung help you. please."

taehyung looks at seokjin's pleading eyes and he sighed, nodding softly. "a-alright. but i will help paying for the house bills. i'll work harder in the store."

the older smiled happily and tackled the boy in a warm hug. "thank you so much, my brother."