1) Five Years Later

"Oh come on Hunny Bunny!!! When were you going to tell us that you got your GED as well as completed your BS?? Why did it take Jack hacking your computer, which was not easy!"

"Even if your uncle won't say it, I will! I am so proud of you Ry! I mean the amount of digging and the run-around contingencies you set up! I was almost stuck in a rabbit hole permanently! I am so....." Jack looked away from Riley, to her uncle who was glaring daggers at him. "I meant the schooling too. Yeah, that is super impressive too." Jack gulped at his soulmate who was shaking his head at the two. 

 "Relax Wade, I made sure everything was under an alias. Luc and Lo both helped me set up my new identity this year too. Everything is under the new one since the first one was burned. I still can't believe Hydra is still after me. I was a failed experiment. There is no reason..... I'm rambling huh? Damn... I need an actual social life. Maybe get a job."

Wade smiled at his niece with a sly twinkle in his eye; "could always put a good word in with a couple of my clients and get you working with me in no time. Jack could fine tune your tech skills and get you to be your own one woman dream team."

"That doesn't defeat the point of a social life at all Uncle. Not even a little bit." Riley rolled her eyes at the two men before deciding she knew exactly what to do! "Let's go out! Come on, last night in LA and I know the owner of the hottest club in town. Hell might actually freeze over if we don't utilize this moment!" Both men groaned but were happy to see the younger woman smiling. "PLEASE?!?!" "Fine. But you don't pick your clothes!" The woman raised an eyebrow and smirked. "You got a deal!"

"Video calling Luc and the girls was NOT what I meant when I made that deal young lady."

Riley rolled her eyes at Jack's attempted guilt trip. "My uncle is Wade and your soulmate is Deadpool.... You definitely should have seen that coming." As Jack turned another shade redder, Wade sang out the word loophole like a drunk singing karaoke. All three laughed and made their way to the club. Jack continuing to walk behind the woman, trying to will the dress to grow another four inches longer, maybe the heels could shrink a couple inches too. 

As they approached the front of Lux, Ry pulled her phone out texting the group of soulmates that she was outside with two friends. They responded immediately and the trio found themselves walking past the bouncers in under five minutes. 

The girls huddled around one another, Maze giving the two men who showed up with her friend a long look, deciding if they had any motives towards her friend while Chloe was hugging her friend tightly and looking for any signs of distress. Lucifer approached from behind his good friend, noticing how her body still stiffened and her breathing changed. He was sure that if he could see her face, her eyes would be semi-wild while her face remained frozen in an impassive face, giving nothing away. He was still torn as to how to handle her reaction to these moments. She had obviously been through a lot but she often smiled and bubbled about whatever nonsense would distract those around her the fastest. He frowned slightly before stepping to her side so she could see him and watched as she relaxed again. 

Facing the two men who showed up with her, he extended his hand to the taller of the two first. "Lucifer Morningstar. Lovely to see two OLDER men accompanying MY good friend Riles tonight." Riley started giggling and eventually full on laughing as she watched the two groups of soulmates attempt to intimidate the other in front of her. "Wade Wilson. This is Jack. Fancy seeing an established businessman with the TIES you do, hanging out with the local PD like it isn't going to get you six feet under." Jack turned a startled look to his soulmate as both Maze and Lucifer stepped in front of Chloe. 

"WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! Calm down all of you. Nobody is threatening or promising anyone anything! I know how protective all of you are."

Riley had jumped between the mercenary and the Devil himself before anyone got hurt. "Luc, these is my uncle and his soulmate." Lucifer looked down at the pleading blue eyes of his friend before glancing up to the two men again. Before he could say anything though, Riley was already talking to the other man. "Wade, Chloe and Lucifer were the two who found me on the hiking trail. I trust them with my life. Luc and Lo have helped keep me under the radar while I try to live as normally as I can. Chloe and Maze are literally my best friends. Let's enjoy our last night in town, please?"

"Oh, before I forget, my brother and I will be taking you to New York tomorrow. No arguing. Hydra and a few Avengers were in town this week. I don't want to risk you running into the wrong types of people."

All three girls looked at one another laughing before simultaneously saying; "says the Devil himself."