17) Morning

Riley woke up feeling constricted and too warm. Her eyes flipped open to see two of her mates beside her. They must have shifted in their sleep because Loki's head was on her stomach, his arm draped over her and resting in Bucky's hair who was laying on her chest. Both men had a leg thrown over one of hers and she was trying to hold still but knew she would need to get up soon. Within minutes of her eyes opening, Steve and Tony stuck their heads in her door. While she was upset they hadn't knocked, she was in too desperate need of the restroom to express it. She lifted her head at them and mouthed "help" which had both of them silently laughing at the situation.

As soon as the door closed behind them though, a knife was thrown across the room and thudded into the door beside Tony's head. "Go away mortals. I am enjoying my rest and I will not have you ruin it for me." Riley was still staring at the knife next to her other mate's head before flicking Loki in the ear. "Are you kidding me?! That was unnecessary and could have killed him. Apologize."

"I am a prince, I will do no such thing. Especially to the likes of him."

"Oh okay, your highness. I shall be getting up now." She pushed Loki off of her and onto the floor so she could stand and get the restroom, completely ignoring the shocked looks of all three men. She had carefully moved Bucky's head after pushing Loki so as not to wake him.

When she returned, Bucky was rubbing his eyes while Loki curled up with him and Steve sat at the end of her bed with Tony next to him. "Hey Sweetheart, we were wondering if you wanted to come hang with us today? You spent some time with Bucky last night and then went to bed with both...."

"Don't make it sound like more than it was. We slept and then I kicked Loki out for not apologizing after throwing a knife next to your head in my room. There was none of what you are insinuating."

"I am sorry sweetheart. Tony and I were just curious about spending time, not any of the extra stuff."

"Besides, considering what we walked in on last night... I wouldn't have been surprised if when I saw you the next morning whichever of us you went to bed with said you had continued the festivities in your room."

All three of the other mates yelled "LOKI!" While Riley simply glanced back at him before nodding and walking into her closet to get dressed.

"I am angry for her, why can't I feel anything from her mark? The only time I did was last night when she was drunk and distracted. Do you think it is possible she is concealing her emotions?"

"I don't know Tony, is that even possible?"

Bucky looked sadly at his lap as he realized how much he missed feeling her emotions.

"Loki, why are you instigating a fight with her anyway?"

"I don't know. We all know I don't apologize just because I was told to but, I don't know. I just feel frustrated. I have heard some of her thoughts but usually she just has static. I can't read her as easily as I can others. I don't know why though." Loki was trying to be sincere but his frustration was showing through too.

"For what it is worth, I don't think any of us have felt her emotions other than last night and even that was only bits and pieces, not full emotions. I don't know why we can't but we can talk to her and maybe a couple of people she is close with." Tony was mostly thinking out loud but hoped it was a good idea.

Bucky saw the closet door that was blocking Riley from his sight and thought back to the night prior. He sighed deeply and thought it was important to tell the others about not touching her back and that she was not to go anywhere alone. It didn't have to be them with her, necessarily but, she was not to go out alone.