CHAPTER 16:Sorrow is my happiness

VLADIMIR'S POV

Splash! Goddammit, she really meant it when she said she couldn't swim. She didn't even try paddling or pulling her head out of the water.

“Frances!” I shouted pulling Addyline to the surface. Damn it, what have I done!

“Frances get here right now, go get my towel! Addyline! Hey, Addyline wake up!” I demanded shaking her head.

“Sir? Oh good Lord, what happened here?” Frances came rushing out the door looking frightened and confused.

I quickly looked up at him and he didn’t have my phone.

“What is wrong with you old man, do you not understand me! Go and get my drying towel and phone, right this second!” I barked menacingly while Frances frantically walked back into the house.

I looked down at her unconscious body as I carried her out of the water. She really couldn't swim? I didn't get the time to digest that as Frances managed to come back.

"Give me the towel!" I shouted walking out the water and laying her onto the ground.

"Sir you need to do CPR." Frances suggested looking more worried at her unconscious state.

"You mind your own business and do what I tell you." I snapped.

I groaned in anger, as I looked at her state, which did not look good at all. I wasn't going to admit to the old man being right but I was going to have to do it. I thought I was never going to go near this girl's lips after the wedding and now I have to kiss life back into her. I sighed wiping the water in my hair away and started doing the chest compressions and paused before I put my lips against hers and exhaled some air into her lungs. Come on, wake up already!

"What's going on? We heard shouting." Somea said climbing onto the swimming pool podium and gasped at the sight before her.

To anyone's eyes, this really looked bad. She looked dead.

"Benitez call an ambulance, now!" I commanded as I took a breathing break.

He immediately paused from coming outside of the house once again and ran to the nearest telephone. Everything was a mess but mostly I was irritated by the very thought of not being in control. Damn it, Damn Addyline wake up, you didn't stay in the pool for too long and I'm tired of kissing your stupid lips. I just wanted to let you know that I was the only one who gets to touch you as long as we’re married!

"Sir, what happened to her?" Lola shouted on her way running to Addyline's aid.

"Mhm, Hhhgg, Hhggh!" Addyline spit out water and coughed profusely.

"Oh my God, she’s waking up! Addyline are you ok?" Lola came as she was tying her morning gown and kneeled next to Addyline who was slowly gaining consciousness.

I helped her sit upright by putting my leg behind her so she could lean into me but she winced holding her ribs and coughed even more. Stay up Addyline, just wake up. I silently scolded her as I played my husband duties by helping her up. It's not that I wasn't worried, of course, I wanted her to wake up. I did not mean to push her in the pool and see her drown, I was no killer. I just always thought it was a petty excuse to get my attention by admitting that she couldn't swim.

"Addyline can you hear me?" Lola said softly slapping Addyline's cheek to keep her from slipping back into unconsciousness.

"Mhmm, mhm...ow, slhh, ow, everything hurts, it hurts so bad, slhh." She groaned as she lay back onto my chest.

Come on, come on just sit up straight. I intently watched her groan in pain as she held her ribs. I narrowed my eyes and scrambled ripping her dress by the stomach.