CHAPTER 27: Miracles Happen!

ADDYLINE'S POV:

Considering the fact that Vladimir was turning around facing me with his entire body meant that he heard me. Actually, now that it's out in the open, I better get done with it. I have been thinking about it since the bedroom scene where I had confronted him of my purpose with this marriage and judging by what had happened yesterday in his office I don't want this internal feud between us to last two years. It's not going to get us anywhere and it was tiring.

"What are you talking about?" He put his right hand on the steering wheel.

"We do need to make peace at some point, surely you don't expect us to quarrel all the time for the next two years? I'm getting tired of it, in fact, I am tired of it. I propose that we make peace, I mean lets... I don't know, let's be friends, well not as in friends, friends... Like you and Lincoln, no, not exactly like you and Lincoln, maybe...maybe companions. As in we're going to be close partners for the next two years, no, I just mean that we are going to be working intimately with each other. No! No, no, no, I am not saying that you and I are going to get intimate, no, never-"

"Addyline, Addyline...Addyline, shut up!" Vladimir stopped me from my continuous rambling.

I sat on the passenger seat nervously with eyes as big as saucers. What am I doing? I looked at Vladimir who was clicking his jaw with a smirk on his face as he looked outside then at me again with a loud sigh.

"Do we really need to talk about this right now?" He asked looking at the fact that we were at the parking lot of an airport. I deeply swallowed while nodding too many times for my head to handle.

"Yeah I mean I'm tired of this... I don't know what it is but I don't have the time nor the energy to continue with this. You're a peculiar man, honestly and I'm never going to understand your behaviour towards life but I think we can make each other tolerable for...each other!" I wholeheartedly spoke with my heart on my neck. I was feeling suffocated by the emotions running in this small space.

He was so quiet I swear a hairpin drop would be heard. I just looked at him with pursed lips while tapping my foot on the floor of the car. It's either death or life today and I'm hoping for life since today is a miraculous day. He just stared deep into my eyes and I couldn't even blink so I just kept staring at him.

"No friendship expected?" He asked.

Was he actually thinking about it? I slightly opened my lips in shock.

"No" I shook my head.

"No dutiful husband expectancy?" He questioned making sure to narrow his eyes for emphasis.

"Well unless absolutely necessary!" I said meaning the times we had to pretend for the world.

"We do our own things...peacefully?" He interrogated.

"Absolutely!" I said hoping for a great answer. Oh, I can already feel the butterflies as I deeply swallowed.

He slowly started to nod and I didn't know if he was agreeing or in deep thought.

"Agreed. You stay out of my business and I will stay out of yours...peacefully." He finally said making all the sweat under armpits release a breath.

I couldn't contain my smile or happiness at this wonderful revelation, it truly felt like I had just won an Oscar and damn I deserve it. It's not easy cracking this hard rock.

"Wow, yeah, Okay, thank you... It makes things a lot better." I said more to myself than you him but I was still smiling at him and I made the mistake of swatting his hand.

"We're not friends, remember?" He said.

"Oh, yeah, sorry! I'm ..... let's go get my sister." I diverted the attention feeling a little embarrassed.