CHAPTER 29: Goodbyes and stone cold hearts.

VLADIMIR'S POV:

I heard the clicking of my door indicating that someone was here to disturb me. I slightly looked up and saw heels and immediately knew that the only person who had the guts to come into my office in this house would be Addyline. I was busy preparing all the documents needed at the meeting.

"You're not allowed into my office unless I have requested for you." I groaned continuing with my work.

"Is this how you speak to her because I would have to think that you don't love her." I heard a very familiar voice laugh.

Amelia.

I paused in mid-air while typing then looked up and saw a face that confirmed my suspicion. I sighed annoyed by her unannounced visit but still got back to my work having lost all interest.

"Aren't you supposed to be in Paris?" I retorted.

"well, obviously I'm back!" She bobbed her head as she sat comfortably opposite me.

I stapled my papers and put both the staple and papers down at the same time directing my eyes on her.

"What do you want?" I asked not being in the mood for small talk.

"An explanation...I think I deserve one." She pursed her lips and folded her arms.

Ah, my sudden marriage to the little girl has her itching with anger. I raised an eyebrow and sat back in my chair as I analysed her.

"She is a part of my business that's all you need to know." I said.

She frowned looking confused by such a blunt statement.

"So you had to go and marry a stranger to close a business deal?" she snapped.

Looking at her I snapped my jaw knowing that I will have to deal harshly so that she doesn't become a problem. However, even though we weren't best friends she has been able to put up with me more than my own family had. She deserves an explanation. Amelia has always been my solid girlfriend but we had a deal and I broke it, now she is coming at me like a vulture!

"She is not a stranger and it wasn't just a business deal, this included my family."

"We had a deal, I would always pretend to be your dumb snotty girlfriend and you get to be my actual boyfriend. My feelings for you have always been true and you disregarded them within a second and left me for a TOWNSHIP girl and a business deal. I am not leaving without an explanation Vladimir!" She stood up and crouched over my table which she very well knew I hated.

"If you are that curious our deal is not over." I simply spoke.

"Of course it is you have a wife, I am not going to become some second dessert you call whenever you want." She lashed out.

"Addyline and I have been married since birth. Arranged marriage signed and sealed by our grandparents if I didn't marry her I would lose control over the Slavich empire and I was not going to stop that from happening just because of you." I bluntly spoke.

I don't even know why I'm trying so hard to explain myself. She banged her purse on my table as she stood up to walk around in irritation. She is trying hard to be thrown out of my office, you do not mess with my furniture!

"This is the twenty-first century for heaven's sake! Who accepts a damn arranged marriage?" She vented throwing her arms in the air.

"I do and the next time you ask, think first. You know exactly what would have happened if I didn't take that deal. My whole family's businesses would have to be in an armature's hands. If you are going to continue nagging me about my marriage then I suggest you leave." I growled having lost my patience.