Chapter 14A: Honeymoon or lemon moon?

ADDYLINE'S POV:

We landed on Vladimir's private Island and I must say it is far from being deserted. Apparently from the information Rose gave me Mr Slavich can be a sweet man, I tried so hard not to snort since she seemed to adore him. The public island had one half, little hotels with those gorgeous houses that are built inside the sea. It also had boat rides for tourists but on the other half was his Famous luxurious hotel, the whole Island was in his name. Then he had another Island all to himself with his employees including the mansion caretakers.

I was collecting the last of my luggage as I stepped out of the plane and bid farewell to Rose and the two captains who were taken a boat back to the public Island since they wanted to stay at the hotel until we go back. Lastly, I looked at my miserable friend who had smudged makeup all over her face, I felt like a bully. For a second I wanted to feel bad for her but then I remembered how she had felt no remorse or shame, I won't regret it because she had pushed me to the limit. I smirked at her then winked before turning, wearing my sunglasses and modelled out of the plane with a smile down to the car that was waiting for us.

I stepped into the car where Vladimir was already seated looking at me weirdly, I furrowed my eyebrows wondering if I also had smudged makeup but he simply looked the other way out of the window…...and old Vladimir is back. I sighed and decided that I wouldn’t let his bipolar behaviour ruin my little holiday, I might never get a chance to be at such an amazing place like this one again plus, you only live once. We made our way to his island mansion.
It was far from breathtaking, it was like a palace in the jungle. A few Palm trees, Roystonea Regias, some beautiful Cyrilla Racemiflora and many more exotic trees that blended well together. The mansion was c-shaped going to the back where I could hear the sound of water extremely close by, I ignored Vladimir and smiled running to the back of the house in excitement but it took quite some effort to figure out which way I had to go in this huge place, I finally arrived at the wave of blue surrounding me.

I gasped at how extraordinary and surreal the place was, it was a scene from heaven pictured on earth. The house was built halfway into the water in a way that a huge swimming pool was built but it had a waterfall and a slide that led into the deep blue ocean. I looked to my right and I could not see where the swimming pool ended together with the waterfall at the far edge of the pool. How could a man so young afford a palace like this one? I’m starting to think that he is a prince back in his original country, Russia. I sensed that someone had followed me and looking back it was the old butler.

“ Mr Slavich requested that you come into the house first before you start exploring.” He said as he extended his hand to direct me.

I’m glad he came to take me because I have no idea which route I had taken, I simply followed the sound of the waterfall. Finally, I am going to enjoy the advantages of being a billionaire's wife, this place will make me forget all my worries, in fact, It has already started working. We arrived at the front doors of the house then he opened for me to enter, my jaw touched the floor while my eyes were out of their sockets. Compared to the gloomy man who owned the house it sure was....colourful and full of beautiful objects even shells could be seen as part of the decoration. It was not just modern but homey and invited happiness, I felt like crying at the beauty of everything around me. It is sad to know that I'm going to have to enjoy my honeymoon alone… I snorted...I don't think it's even a honeymoon if you don't have a husband to spend it with. I sighed as I was being shown the important rooms and when we arrived at the main bedroom the butler left me. I thanked him by his name which was Arnold, then I opened into a spacious room with the biggest bed I have ever laid eyes on. Why would he need a huge bed like this…I left it to the imagination of those who knew.

I then turned to the big wall of glass which opened to the view of the swimming pool and ocean. I turned with this glow of absolute amazement on my face as I realised that there was another side of the bedroom which was after the humongous walk-In closet. How big is this bedroom? Whoa…a second monster bed in one room! What is this place? It was even better than the first side of the room, here it was peaceful and the colours were neutral it felt like a dreamland. This part of the room had a glass wall which was divided into a view of the sea and the jungle where you could see the tall buildings of Vladimir’s hotels kilometres away from here on the other island. I jumped onto the bed making a decision that I would be sleeping in this one. I was busy jumping around like a little girl until something jabbed my foot making me drop onto the bed. I looked for the source of my disturbance and found what looked like remote control, there were two, a black one which had more buttons than the white one.