Chapter 6: 'Aren't you just a sweetheart'

ADDYLINE'S POV

Two days. Two torturous days of waiting for him to come with his family. Waiting for him to come with his horses and chariots of royalty. I had to go to work feeling agitated, my friends were not taking this well. I had to survive my mother trying to feed me soup, I mean I wasn't even sick. I felt like going to his office, ripping that contract and running away like a fugitive. How was I going to be able to fool some of the greatest minds of the business industry? No not him, Nathan Slavich his father; clever, observant and a precise man, he would probably see through me. I was not an actor, he should pay for this. Vladimir would probably find this easy and he might not even have to act, he was a natural.

I was getting agitated and I really just wanted to meet them and know that one battle was down the drain or maybe I would be drowning in the drain. However today when I received a call from my mother, I was not expecting this.

"Hi mom, anything you want me to bring home?" I asked.

"Where are you? And where have you been? Haven't you seen my missed calls?" She shouted.

"Uh, why? What happened? I just came out from work and I am driving so no I haven't touched my phone." I reasoned.

"Well, maybe you should try to check your phone frequently during work! Anyway, I have no time for this because I want you back in the house like five minutes ago!!" she shouted while sounding nervous at the same time.

"What is going on mom, what is the emergency this time?" I asked casually. It cannot be anything serious, Gemma Shabina could be super dramatic sometimes.

"They're here." She simply said.

That was all it took for me to panic and drop juice everywhere in my mom's car. Oh, I was in big trouble, but this was not the time to worry about the car. I had more pressing issues.

They couldn't be here, he didn't tell me anything, not even a, ”Hey we're going to come to your home tomorrow and I expect you to be on your best behaviour." Selfish bastard.

"You don't mean that-" I asked.

"Yes, yes, yes, I mean exactly that. Get your big behind here. The royal family has arrived. The mother, father and the handsome Prince." She added.

"Oh no! They didn't even call to confirm, did you know about this?" I asked in because I was suspicious of her.

"I wouldn't be freaking out as much as you are if I did. I have to go and attend to them while you step on that gas and get here." She ended the call leaving me dumbfounded with my mouth open and my car parked in the middle of the road.

I was a mess. That jerk better have a good reason for not warning me about this. How was I supposed to act or talk or do things!

Aaagh this was so frustrating, out of all the days they chose to come today. I had been waiting for the past two days.

After the initial panic, I decided to sort me out. First, I had to find myself a new attire, I was a mixture of yellow gooey juice and my black dress. I would have to get a dress that screamed elegant but professional. I made my way to the stores and within two minutes I was dressed in a royal blue and black leather dress with black heels. It was simple, elegant and professional. Second I had to put some gas on it and I did, I arrived home in seven minutes. Don't worry I was not that far.

As I got out of my car I started second-guessing my decision. I could just say I got held up by a meeting or that there was a little bit of traffic on the way. The latter seemed reasonable, but it was too late to chicken out.