Chapter 8: Reluctance

ADDYLINE'S POV

I couldn't sleep. I didn't know why... Well actually I did, I was just refusing to acknowledge the fact that I had been sleep deprived all because of a particular bigot.

For the first time since my last relationship a year ago, I let my mind trail on and on thinking of how and why. I had been trying to find reasons for my brain having a sudden attraction actually, it was more than just an attraction. I liked Vladimir. How was that possible? The guy got on my nerves every time we met, not to mention that I had only met him about three times. I didn't even know him that well. Yet my brain chose to think of him. His mismatched gorgeous eyes, that tall, muscular Russian physic and that commanding yet alluring voice.

Stop it! Stop this instant you blockhead, I will not let you think about that sweet lipped boy. Oh my goodness, sweet lipped? Really? That boy did not even know what sweets were, he was all bitter and no butter.

Aaagh, I needed a break from all these romantic thoughts.

I got out of my bed and went downstairs to make myself some warm milk. That was what I usually did when I was nervous, bored or sleepless. Even though I didn't want to admit to myself that I was nervous, I knew I was. I was super nervous.

I couldn't stop imagining what Vladimir could have possibly planned for our lunch date. I was nervous about the whole thing, I knew it was stupid but be mindful that I hadn't been on any date whatsoever for one whole year. Secondly, I am not dealing with an average person here, I was going on a date, out in the public eye, my friends watching, to some fancy restaurant where the meals were going to be more expensive than whatever attire I was going to wear.

While on that topic, I realised I didn't know what to wear. I was going out with THE Vladimir Slavich after all.

I looked up the type of girls he was usually seen with and I must say, even I was having a blasted laugh at how much of a level seven downgrade I was. No offence Addyline but the man had been seen walking with models. Not just any kind, but the kind that made you want to hide your curvy body. How could I possibly compete with those shining gloss lipped gorgeous sticks and did I mention super fit? They make me feel like a potato.

I took the last sip of the milk and stomped back to bed before I even thought about calling him and cancelling the date thing. That would be showing myself weak, which I would never showcase to that man. I was the one who suggested going public, I could be one crazy idiot sometimes.

I tried going back to sleep, knowing that I had a lot of work to do the next day, which also included telling my friends about my 'date'. Freddie would probably castrate me since now it was going to seem like I lied to him about my 'liking' of Vladimir. Valentina was probably going to faint, knowing how much I was not a fan of extremely hot guys. I mean there was no problem in admiring their ‘handsomeness' but dating them was a whole other story.

Men like Vladimir usually knew that they were handsome so they became little narcissistic cheaters.

I was going to have a hard time trying to convince Valentina that he was different this time, while I knew that the little niggle was as narcissistic as Adonis himself, let's not to forget being totally selfish as well.

I shook my head thinking of how happy Ember would be, she would roll her eyes and say, 'some men are just irresistible'. Irresistible my foot, it was even worse than that, he was enticing.

Just thinking about Britta's reaction gave me a headache on top of the one I already had. She was the observant expert in our little group and honestly, she was going to be the hardest to convince since she was always so suspicious about others.