CHAPTER 24: Enough is Enough!

ADDYLINE'S POV:

I didn't come to get distracted by his highness's peculiar life or his handsome features that could make one forget who they were. I didn't come into his life for him to make mine a mess, to make me lose sanity over things I cannot change. I will not let anything distract me, I shall not neglect my wife duties but I will also not neglect my mission.

"That's the thing Addyline! You do not know what God has in store for your tomorrow, though we may not understand any of this maybe it is God's will for you to be married to that man. What if you create walls and make decisions for yourself that you are not meant to be making and end up with heartbreak. There are just some things you can not do alone Addyline, there is a level of submission and righteousness of belief that you lack and fighting it over and over again will not get you anywhere. I know that you have been through a lot having to become a breadwinner but you do not have to be the one to do everything. When will you stop and finally let God take over, one step at a time?" Addyline valiantly protested leaving flowing with tears as I looked at the podium.

I have no words for what she is saying because I do not know what she is saying. I do not know how to do what she is asking of me. Give someone control over my life? What kind of control would God want over life.

"I really don't understand what you are saying Addyline. How can I lay my burden on another person? I'm the one who is supposed to reprimand my mistakes. I was the one who took the wrong decision therefore I will make it right."

"God is not a person he is a supernatural being who has offered you help without asking for anything in return except to love him and obey his commands. It never cost a cent to love someone especially the Almighty Who not only blesses you but rewards you for doing so." She spoke passionately.

I looked at her with a sorrowful smile seeing how she was so happy to know so much about God.

"You know that I believe in God right? However, this... Control thing confuses me!" I desperately admitted.

"Because you do not read the bible or take some time off to spend with God. In order to understand this, you need to become selfless, you need to seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness first and foremost then all things you worry about will find a way to get solved in due time by the grace of God." She added.
I looked into her eyes and suddenly I felt this urge to confess.

"You know after all these years you've been trying to slowly speak to me, this is the very first time I truly feel like trying to actually follow your advise. I am desperately in need of a miracle and I hope that God finds a way to revive me." I said truly creeping lost in my own turmoil.

"How glad I am to hear that Addyline, oh it brings tremendous joy into my heart knowing you finally want to look past worldly calamities and desires." She said exaggerating everything by the drop of tears from her eyes.

Why is she crying? I'm the one who is supposed to do that!

I sighed looking back at the cross once more, hoping that God would have mercy on me. I don't know what I'm doing but I ask that he guide my steps.

"Thank you Addyline, I beg you to continue praying for my soul, I know that one day that prayer will be answered maybe I'll stop making stupid decisions. I'm also sorry for not inviting you to the wedding but I want you to see me with the man who makes me happy." I spoke.

"I will always pray for you Addyline but you also need to take responsibility for your actions. I hope you try to make things right because I do not support this treaty at all. It's going to end in tears." She warned.

That had my stomach twisting because somehow, she always ends up being right. The only question remaining in my mind is who will be the one in tears? I wanted to badly say that it would be Vladimir but who am I kidding, he would not even cry over a newborn baby.