CHAPTER 17: Facing it all

VLADIMIR'S POV:

Hello?" A raspy voice answered.

"Hello Mam sorry to wake you up, it's Vladimir." I said in a high tone. At least I didn't have to strain myself by smiling since it's over the phone.

"Ooooh Hello my son, how are you and Addyline doing?" She answered in a more lively voice.

"I am doing just fine but Addyline just had a little accident." I said in a sense of foreboding. I don't want to give her all the details then be the cause of a daughter drowning and a mother having a heart attack.

"Haaa! What happened to her? Is she alright?" She asked sounding more worried.

"I'm not yet sure I'm still waiting for the doctor's point of view but she fell into the pool with heels and her right leg might be broken." I informed carefully listening to her reactions. She was probably in tears now.

"Oh, my poor baby. How did she fall into the pool? She knows she can't swim!" She reasoned.

I was going to have to let her think that I was playing with her or doing something.

"Yeah well, I didn't know that, but I swear it was a mistake." I quickly said.

The line went excruciatingly silent for more than a minute but I could still hear that she was there. Probably trying to calm herself down. This was exactly why I hated being around too many people, it came with a heavy price of trying to please everyone.

Right now because I was married to Addyline, I was obligated to waste my time consoling and talking to her dearest family. I wanted nothing to do with a family that raised a gold digger.

"Okay Son, Are you saying that you pushed Addyline into the pool?" Gemma asked trying to understand the situation.

"I pulled her into the pool." There was a difference between pushing and pulling. I was already halfway into it but I pulled her deeper.

"How did that happen?" She asked trying to probe for more information and I just sighed getting even more annoyed.

"I wanted to teach her how to swim." I simply told her the truth not giving any details of how it came to her getting hurt.

I heard Gemma deeply sigh trying to get this through her head.

"Well, accidents happen son. it's about time someone helps her overcome her fears anyway." She retaliated.

I couldn't say that I was not shocked by the change of mood. So just because I wanted to teach her it was okay for her to have gotten hurt? Was I living with a family of psychopaths?

"Yes, it is... Listen um mam-"

"Mom... it's mom to you now." She corrected while I snorted but remained quiet.

Mother. I had no mother, maybe by the status of the fact that she gave birth to me.

"Mom... I need to go, I just called to let you know what happened. I'm sure Addyline will tell you the extension of her status." I said.

"Oh no that's fine dear, thank you for calling." She said in an elderly voice that made her sound like a grandmother.

"Thank you, mam." I said as I took the phone off my ear but not before hearing Addyline's sister.

"I hope she comes back with my niece in her belly." She said whispering to Gemma.

"Lililth!-" the mother shouted and quickly cut the phone call.

If she does come back with a niece for you dear Lililth it definitely will not be from me. I immediately went to my desk and started doing my paperwork before I also lost my mind.