CHAPTER 3: I will not be subject to golddiggers

ADDYLINE' S POV

A DAY BEFORE MOTHER'S VISIT

"Alright, maybe we should cut our cost on the ART section... I mean we have two sub-sections in it-" Britta was cut off by an angry Ember.

"To which both sides are on the market more than your fashion, so if we need to cut cost it will be from your side Britta." she said.

"Well remember that the fashion section was opened a month ago whereas you have been here since the opening." Britta fought back.

"Guys, we are not cutting any costs. I've told you all before that if we get any financial problems my father will take care of it. We just need to broaden our advertising strategies." Valentina interjected.

"I know Val...but this is our company and we need to take responsibility for it." I said.

"Yes, I understand but we will have to accept my father's help until we all are totally ready and this business has reached our desired outcome." Valentina reasoned.

I had to admit she was right, but I was the one who started this business and I felt responsible for everything that took place. I also admit I wanted all of us to be independent and not be supported by our parents.

We had been having very few regular customers and agents. We thought that our biggest weakness is how we were reaching out to prospective clients.

"Well we could try t..." ember was suddenly disturbed by Freddie's assistant.

"My apologies for the disturbance everyone, but there is a very important man outside Mr Nixon!" He said looking at Freddie.

Freddie excused himself. "I'll be back in a minute.”

"Okay. So we have tried putting posters, personal invites and television. Which have worked but it is not good enough. This place is way too big of an investment for general clients. We want to get those targeted people." I explained.

"True but we haven't tried the places where most people spend their time. Internet and social media." Britta said.

"Good idea Brii, we ca...."

Valentina was once again interrupted as Freddie came back into the room looking quite baffled. He looked at me accusingly.

"You have a lot of explaining to do young lady, how can you keep this from us."

“Me?” I asked.

I looked at him with confusion, "what?".

"Ugh, don't what me... let's speak later because right now there is a mysterious and might I add super gorgeous a man outside,  and he's waiting for you!" Freddie exclaimed.

I just smiled and continued...well tried to continue with my work as I thought he was joking as usual. However, he stood there motioning for me to come. So being the good girl that I was, I frowned while standing up and followed him.

"Wait, are you serious? There is actually someone waiting for me downstairs? I don't remember having an appointment at this hour!" I said as we walked out the boardroom door.

Freddie looked at me, "Not just anyone sweetie, a man and he wants to talk to you... not as an appointment."  He said whilst wiggling his eyebrows at me.

We got downstairs as I was smiling at Freddie's energetic behaviour. However, that smile immediately vanished as I looked to my left. Freddie told me to go to him and I started walking towards a very tall and  intimidating young man.