Chapter 18: Goodbyes

ADDYLINE'S POV

Crazy, maniac, psychopath, sociopath! I didn't even know which category to put that crazy man in. How could he still look at his handsome self in the mirror after trying to kill his wife? How did he sleep at night after being so cruel to me? I knew that he didn't love me nor would he ever, of course, I was his wife just because of that arranged marriage but the fact was, I was his wife. No, as matter of fact I was as much of a human as he was! He treated me like some rag doll he picked up on his way to a landfill. Throwing me into the pool then pretending to be my knight in shining amour. Everyone can go on and praise him and think of him as prince charming but I, I would make him regret ever laying a finger on me.

The Selfish, arrogant bastard hadn't even called to check up on me. It had been four whole days in this hospital and not even a check up on me. The worst part of it all was that my stupid heart wanted to see him here, at least that would show that he cared. I was starting to believe that he did actually do this on purpose, I mean I had told him several times that I couldn't swim. I even begged him not to pull me into the pool yet here I was and my dearest husband was nowhere to be found.

"I don't trust that deep frown on your face, Mrs Slavich." I heard a voice say.

I snapped out of my angry thoughts looking up, I found Rose's head protruding into the room. I unfolded my arms and sat up straight adjusting the bed. I smiled at her motioning for her to come in. Dressed in a gorgeous hostess attire, Rose modelled into the room smiling foolishly happy.

"You don't look so bad, I had imagined you looking worse than this when Vladimir told me." She remarked as she hugged me.

I winced a little as her hand mistakenly jabbed my not so good ribs.

"Sorry" she whispered as she let go of me and sat next to me.

"Vladimir told you that I was here?" I asked.

Why would he? It's not like cared!

"Of course he did, how else would I be able to come to you." She answered.

I nodded.

"So how are you feeling?" Rose asked after inspecting all the nasty wounds that were on me.

"I can't walk and I won't be able to write for some weeks and I feel like a bus hit me twice and as if that wasn't enough it reversed to make sure it had finished its job... I feel grand" I told her with an exaggerated smile on my face.

Rose raised a mocking eyebrow sensing all the sarcasm that draped from my sentence.

"Is it really that bad?" She asked becoming a little worried.

"Oh Rose I don't know, I just don't. Falling into the pool was so sudden that I didn't even have the time to react. All my limbs were not ready for any immediate reflexes." I told her in honesty.

I wasn't ready to tell people I didn't know if I wanted people to know how falling into the pool almost ended my life. I wanted to face the devil himself first and just look into his eyes and see if he had even a little bit of remorse.

"Yeah but no one has ever fallen into the pool and gotten so many bruises." She exasperated.

"Depends on how you fall into the pool. Has anyone fallen face-first into the pool, while wearing heels?" I asked.

"Not that I know of, this is the first time I encounter such but again you're you." She remarked.

"Uh, what's that suppose to mean?" I said folding my arms.

"It means that you're... different." She quickly said.

I shook my head and laughed, while we were smiling the door suddenly opened revealing a whole group of people standing outside.