Grounded

A/N: Soo.. This story is supposed to be about Laura living with the Lynches over the Summer. But~ I have totally lost track of when summer will end for them or whether or not it's already ended so I'm just going to end their summer whenever I feel like it. Sort of like Phineas and Ferb. Haha ~ Enjoy!

***

(Next Day)

Ross's pov:

The walls around my room seem to close on me the longer I stay. I visualize the room going in and out; smaller and larger like an accordian. Over the past hour I have walked around the perimeter of the tiny space, I have sat at the desk just underneath the single window, and I have climbed the bunk bed Laura and I share about 23 times. Yeah - I know. 23 times. That's insane. 

Boredom is a funny thing. It works in so many different ways, manipulating each and every one who uses or has comes to terms with it. 

When people have nothing to do; me, for instance. We say we're bored. Because you know, that's what we are. That is how we feel mentally. 

But when people have too much work on their hands, they wish to just relax and do nothing which also, technically means, 'They want to be bored'. 

People get fed up with boredom easily which leads to also 'wanting' to be bored aswell. 

I take a moment to stop thinking and stare at the bunk above me. I lie in bed, placing both of my hands gently on my stomaching resting both on one another. 

This isn't so bad. I think to myself. The room gets really quiet and I can hear the voices of children running and screaming outside. I can for once; hear the chirps of the birds flying by in their daily routines. 

I wonder what it's like to live as a bird... I ponder again, Or atleast any animal other than a human. 

A smile finds its way to my face and I can't help but laugh. Is this what it's like to take a step away from society and just... relax? Because if it is, I am 100% positive that no one, or atleast no one i know has ever come close to actually being 'Relaxed'. 

Maybe Laura. But she technically isn't considered 'Normal'. She likes this stuff. And I can see why. 

Lieing in bed with nothing to do but listen to natural and my thoughts is actually really calming. 10 minutes ago if someone had told me to relax; I would have gone straight for the TV with a coke and chips in my hands. 

"Thank you mother," I mutter quietly. And for the first time in ages, I didn't say that with any sarcasm. 

***

Laura's pov: 

"I wonder what Ross is doing," I say outloud more to myself than the others. 

We all gather around the kitchen table eating Lunch: Baked salmon with Avocado - Dill yogurt and of course, Mac N' Cheese made by yours truly. 

I figured it was the least I could do considering I've gotten myself into so much trouble as their guest alone already. 

"Probably in his room moping," Ryland smirks stuffing cheese that has fallen from his Mac N' Cheese into his mouth, "It's what he does when he gets grounded." 

The family all laugh at his comment leaving me to stare at my plate in guilt. 

"You don't have to worry about him sweetie," Stormie walks over to my side of the table and places her hands around my shoulders, "Ross will be fine. This isn't the first time he's been grounded." 

"I know.." I sigh, the guilt eating me away, "It's just. I feel like I should be grounded as well because I was with him when it happend. Curse my kind heart."