Vanessa

Riker's pov:

I can't believe we went through all that trouble and there is no cure... Boy i'd hate to be Ross right now-

---

Ross's pov:

"What do you mean there is no cure !?" I freaked out.

Placing a hand on the table, I pushed myself up frustrated; knocking the chair down.

This can't be happening.

How am I gonna save Laura now!?

"It's an easy concept," Mycenna said, acting as if I were dumb, "There is no cure, nada, nothin', never was, I lied!"

I pulled on the ends of my hair, racking my brain for a possible solution to this whole sick mess.

This was supposed to be a drama free summer!

The most drama I should have gotten was having to deal with spending it with Laura!

It's amazing how she's behind bars right now; wearing an orange jump-suit; which by the way, is so not her color; and she still has an affect on me.

"How do we save her than!?" Rydel yelled angrily into the phone.

Her face turned red just as one of her veins started showing clearly on her forehead; a sign she was getting pissed.

"You don't get it!" Mycenna laughed, "This was my revenge! She's dead and you all know it!"

Noticing the tension, the cops grabbed her arms and pulled her up off her chair.

"I might be locked up," she said as they began pulling her out of the room, "but well see who's happier when she's dead!"

---

The moment she was gone I raced to the hospital.

I didn't even know how much time we had left, but I knew we didn't have long.

30 minutes I think, we spent a lot of time in that prison...

"Guys... What if she's already dead?" I suddenly asked quietly.

We were outside her room and I was afraid to open the door.

The question's been nagging me since the words came out of Mycenna's mouth... I needed to know.

"Listen..." Riker spoke up, placing a hand on my shoulder, "If she's gone... than maybe it was for the best."

"Yeah," Rocky agreed ruining everything, "People are gonna die anyway, why not start now right."

Rolling his eyes Ryland groaned, "That's not what he meant doofus!"

The two went off into their own little world, as mom and dad rushed to comfort me.

"Let's do this.." Rydel said under her breathe, "All this waiting is killing me."

---

We walked in.

Everything was normal.

Except for one thing.

Laura wasn't their anymore...

The patient was gone.

---
Rydel's pov:

"GUYS!" I yelled, searching the whole room, "Where is Laura!?"

Ratliff rushed to my side; being the wonderful boyfriend he is and comforted me, "Rydel, Delly, look- no, look at me, look at me,"

He kept putting a hand on my cheek so whenever I turned to face away from him, his hand would force me to look towards him.