Good day and Bad timing

Ross's pov:

I woke up with a good feeling in my gut.

The sun was shining,

Birds were chirping, okay I wouldn't say birds were chirping but that's what they all say when they're happy.. Right?

Anyway, the air smelled of pancakes and bacon and...

"Yes!" I sighed grinning from ear to ear, Summer has finally arrived.

---

"What's for breakfast!!" I squealed in a sing-song voice running down the stairs.

"It's not really breakfast considering we all woke up around noon." Ratliff said with a face full of whatever he was eating.

"Pancakes, with a side of bacon and pain," Rocky smiled falsely, "Oh wait; i'm sorry, I mean eggs. You know I get those two mixed up nowadays considering you almost put me in the HOSPITAL!"

I pressed my lips together tightly, holding in a laugh as he growled at me.

After I beat him up yesterday mom made me promise not to laugh at him about it.

Mom handed me a plate of Pancakes as I walked to the other end of the table sitting next to Ryland, as far... far, away from Rocky, "Okay sweetie, eat up,"

"Hey where's Laura?" I asked before stuffing my face with pancakes.

"In bed," Dad said grabbing a plate of bacon.

"In bed?" I questioned narrowing my eyes, "But It's like 11... Even I woke up late."

"Yeah well, the poor girl needs her rest Ross," I turned my head; facing my sister who gave me a "duh" expression, "Thanks to you, she's been forced to stay up on her toes this entire summer,"

"Your sisters right-" mom interrupted placing Riker's finished breakfast in the sink, "This may be the only day of the summer Laura can catch up on sleep."

Scratching the back of my neck I sighed.

Wow I do that a lot...

I feel bad enough I used to make fun of her, do they really have to say it out loud... Again?

I wonder if Laura's fully forgiven me for all the bad i've done to her.

I mean, we started hanging out before her accident but even then, we didn't discuss whether or not she had forgiven me for my mistakes.

What if she didn't?

What if she hates me secretly?

---

"Why is Laura still sleeping????" I groaned on the couch.

It's 1 pm in the afternoon and Laura is still fast asleep.

"Give her space Ross," Rydel scolded, painting her nails on the couch next to me.

"I am!" I whined, "I'm just bored and need to hang out with someone,"

She turned her attention away from her nails and faced me, "Don't you have friends?"

Turning my attention towards anywhere but her I thought about it.

Huh.

My friends.

Wow, the thought never really occurred to me.

With all that happened I guess I sorta forgot about them.

It's ironic though, cuz' when we came all I wanted to do was hang out with them.