Good Day

Ross pov:
I wake up to the sound of birds chirping and the sun directly shining in my face.
I don't have to open my tired-eyes to know it's a good day. The smell of bacon travels from the kitchen to my room and my stomach growls.
Without a moments hesitation, I push the covers off me and hobble off the bed.
Laura's not in bed. She rarely is when I wake up.

"Good morning happy family." I grin entering the kitchen.

The smell of Bacon and Pancakes is stronger. "Why hello my new girlfriend." I see Laura positioned in her usual spot at the kitchen table.

She has an iPad Infront of her with a glass of orange juice and a half eaton pancake sitting Infront of her.

Sneaking up behind her, I snake my arms around her waist and place my chin on top of her head. "Hello New boyfriend." She greets back. I feel her press her back against my stomach and relax.

"Okay. I get it!" Rocky suddenly exclaims placing his glass of orange juice on the table loudly. "You two are dating now, blah, blah, blah, Can I eat?"

The annoyance in his tone is enough to make me chuckle. "What's up with you? Just a couple of hours ago you wanted this whole thing to happen."

"Yeah," he says with a roll of his eyes, "but that was before you two started acting all cheesy, and gross, and lovey. K, the only cheesy thing I want to see this morning is my Mac n' cheese, WHICH; btw, mom has so rudely refused to make."

"Actually Rocky," Laura says pulling away from me. I feel a pang of disappointment when her once heated body is replaced with the coldness of the air. "We aren't actually dating because I don't exactly remember Ross catching me..."

I avert my eyes from Rocky to Laura, and give her a look.

Is she serious?

My arms fold against my chest and my brows raise. "You're kidding right? Technically I caught you!"

"Yeah right." She says with a scoff. "Tripping over your own feet, then yanking my foot when I go to help isn't called 'catching' me. It's called embarrassing."

The smile I once have on is now replaced with a pout. "So you're saying we aren't official yet?"

Her lips purse into a thin line and she gives me a smug look. "Frayed so."

"But.. But we had a deep moment, a..and ... We kissed and questions were said... Words were said.."

"Fine. I'll cut you some slack cause you're just so cute!" The way she says cute reminds me of grandma on Christmas. I hope Laura doesn't pinch my cheeks next...

A chorus of awes travel around the kitchen and engulf the single bleh from Rocky.

"Ask me again." She repeats. A genuine smile appears on her face and for some odd reason A burst of joy erupts inside of me.

"Alright." I say helping her to her feet. I'm a good head taller than her which makes the whole thing funnier and cheesier than it needs to be, but I like it. "Wanna go out with me? Be my girlfriend?"

"hmm.." Her index finger travels towards her lips as they form a small smirk. I watch as little creases form on her forehead and she pretends to think.

"Oh Ross.." Rocky says In a girly voice. With a sudden clap he pretends to toss a lock of hair behind is shoulder. It ruins the romantic moment Laura and I were having which I'm not too happy about. "Of course I'll be your girlfriend. You're so hot and yummy-luscious lets just kiss till' Rocky barfs up his meal! Yay-yay-yay."

I don't know how to respond to his sarcastic comment. I really need to find Rocky a girlfriend. Instead I decide to highlight one of his words. "Yummy-luscious?"