Memories

Flashback*

I was laying in my bed, crying my eyes out, thinking "how could he do this to me!" It had been threehours since I broke up with Mark. I had caught him cheating with Lacey, my best friend. I saw them kissing behind the bleachers in school. I couldn't believe it.

That's when I heard a light rap on my window. I jumped up and walked over to it. I checked the clock, it was past midnight, so my parents were asleep. I pushed the curtains aside, and opened the window. And there he was.

"Niall!"

At the sound of my voice, he smiled.

"Hey, Megs! Can I come in?" He said, already climbing through.

"Yeah, just be quiet. My mum and da are asleep." I said baking up so he could slide in. He landed with a soft "THUMP" and smiled a crooked smile. Then he saw my tear streaked face.

"What's the matter? What happened?" He asked, pulling me to the small love seat in the corner of my room. I couldn't hide anything from him.

"Oh, Ni!!" I said, leaning into him. Then I started to cry again. "It's Mark! He cheated on me! W-with Lacey!" I tried to sob softly, and his shirt helped a little.

"That scum!" Niall said, pulling me tight. "How could he do that to you!"

I pulled my head back. Niall had always been there for me. Ever sense we were little. We lived in Mullingar, Ireland. We lived right next to each other until kindergarten. Then my parents and I moved to America to take care of an old relative. We didn't come back until fifth grade. Five years, and our friendship was still strong. We were sixteen then, and summer-break just started. So far, it was really crappy.

We stayed in that position for awhile. He was rocking me slowly, and eventually I stopped crying. When I did, I shifted my position so that I was no longer on his lap. I checked the clock again: 1:00. I turned to Niall and saw that his big blue eyes were staring at me. We locked eyes for a moment, then he looked down.

"What is it Ni?"

He took a deep breath, then said, "Well, its just that I had some really great news that i was gonna tell ya, but now I don't think I should tell you."

"What!? Of course you need to tell me! Are you crazy?!" I said giving him a playful shove. He started to smile.

"Oh, alright!" He said. "If you insist.' He added jokingly. "As you know, the X-Factor is coming to Dublin. And, as you have noted numerable times, I have a "bloody-amazing" voice, soooo.... I have decided to try and audition!" He said, giving me his well known toothy grin.

"My God, Niall! That's wonderful!" I said, jumping up. "I know you'll do amazing!" Then he got up too and I gave a huge hug.

"Thanks, Megan. I knew you would be there for me!" He said. "Bi have to go, though. Auditions are in a couple of days. My mum is gonna come with me." Then Niall released me from his grip.

"Do you have room for one more?" I asked, giving him my big puppy-dog eyes.

His mouth curled up, "Would you like to come to the auditions with me?"

I gave him a gentle punch in the shoulder. "Heck yeah!"

*End Flashback*