Chapter 25

*1 month later*

*Megan's POV*

Niall and I had been dating for a little over a month now, and we had been trying to keep it from the paparazzi as long as we can.

There had been a couple photos of us taken, but nothing that really showed anything.

Like last week, he had surprised me at work, and we had coffee and biscuits together. The paps had gotten a couple pictures, mostly of us just laughing.

Then towards the beginning of the month, they got us again after he and the guys had come over for a movie night. But they didn't get anything that might have suggested a relationship.

Then, there was twitter. Some people had tweeted me, calling me out, and saying some rather rude things. I just ignored those.

I decided to text Niall to see if he wanted to come over.

Hey, Ni. can you come over? ~Megs

He texted me back a few minutes later.

Sure. be over in ten.~ Nialler

I waited for him, and decided to make some lemonade. Sierra was out doing some errands with Tyler. I was lonely.

I heard the doorbell ring, and shouted for him to come in.

"Hey, Megs." Niall said, walking into the kitchen and giving me a hug from behind.

I smiled, and turned around to give him a hug back.

"Hows it goin?" he asked me, pulling away and jumping to sit on the counter, smiling.

"Good." I said. I went to the cupboard and started taking out some glasses. "Lemonade?" I asked him, setting the cups down.

"Course." he said, grabbing a cup and the pitcher and pouring himself a glass, then me one.

"Thanks." I said, taking the cool glass from him.

"Is something bothering you? he asked after taking a sip.

"No, no." I said absentmindedly.

"Megan." he said, getting off the counter and walking over to me. "Tell me." He said, looking into my eyes.

I sighed, and set my cup down. "Do you think we should go public?" I asked, looking up at him.

He thought for a minute. Then he finally said. "Are you sure you're ready for it? You could get hate." Then he mumbled, "Which is stupid."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, I'm ready. That's the whole reason I'm asking you." "And I don't care about hate! I can take it." I told him.

"I know you can, but I just don't want you to go through all that, especially since your birthday is coming up!" He said, hugging me again.

That made me smile. "I almost forgot! My birthday is in a week!"

"Yeah, way to be older than me." he said sarcastically.

I laughed. "Yeah. I can't believe I'll be 20!" I said again.

He smiled and laughed. then turned serious again. "And you're sure you're ready to go public?"

"As long as you are." I said. "I was just asking if we should."

"I'm fine with it." Niall said, then thought for a moment. "When should we tell?"

"I don't know, maybe this weekend?" I asked, looking up at him.

"I think that's fine. Hey, I even think the guys and I have an interview on Saturday. If they bring up any pictures or just the topic, I could tell them." He said.