Chapter 22

*Megan's POV*

Sierra and I were driving along, listening to music as we were heading back to our house. Heart Attack by Demi Lovato started to play, so we sang/screamed along to the music.

"So I'm puttin my defences up, cuz I don't wanna fall in love. If I ever did that, I think I'd have a Heart Attaaaaaaack!!!" We sang, but I was a bit distracted. I was thinking about how Niall seemed a bit worried on the phone.

"So, are you happy with our haul?" Sierra asked me.

"Very. That store finally had that top I liked on sale!" I said, turning into our part of town.

Sierra must have heard a bit of the distraction in my voice. "You okay, Megs? You seem a bit out of it."

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking about Niall. He sounded nervous while I was talking to him."

"It's probably nothing. Tyler sounds like that from time to time. He was probably just thinking about something else." She said.

"You're probably right."

"Aren't I always?" She said jokingly. I gave her a small shove.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Don't push it."

"You know you wuv me!" She said, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"I couldn't ever deny it!" I said, beaming, making her laugh. Then we pulled into our drive, and I turned off the car.

We grabbed our bags out of the trunk then walked up to our porch and Sierra opened the door. I went up stairs to put my bags in my room.

"I'm gonna head out!" I yelled as I walked down the stairs.

"M'kay! Just come back in a bit! Tyler's out of town! Don't leave me alone too long!" She called from the living room.

"I'll text ya when I'm coming back! See ya!" I said, walking out the door. I decided to walk down, and texted Niall to let him know I'd be there in five.

The walk down was peaceful, as I was the only one on the street. My phone buzzed, and it was just the normal twitter notifications.

"Are you Niall's girlfriend?"

"How do you know Niall?"

"Niall, is she your girlfriend?"

And then there were a few of the rather rude ones.

"If that b**** is his girlfriend."

"You're not even pretty enough."

I ignored them, and deleted them from my notifications. It was stuff like that that really ticked me off. Niall and I had decided that it wasn't time yet to tell the fans. We hadn't even told our friends, but I was considering it. We've only been going out for a little over a week.

I turned onto his street, and continued to walk towards the little blue house. I was glad that it was summer, so that I could take my regular walks. School had been overwhelming this year, and I was glad to be rid of it for a few months.

I skipped up Niall's driveway, and knocked on his door. It opened a minute later, revealing a grinning Niall.

"Hey, Megs! Glad you came!"

"Me too, Ni!" I said, walking in. He shut the door and I kicked my flip-flops off, he lead me down the hall.

"Drink?" He asked.

"Naw, I'm fine." I said. "What did you want to talk about?" I asked, going in the living room and plopping down on the coach. He came in and sat next to me.