Chapter 17

*Megan's POV*

I had just fallen asleep when I heard someone walk in. I turned around, and saw that it was Sierra.

"Hey, SiSi." I said.

"Hey." She said, sitting down on my bed. "How was the game night?" She asked.

"Pretty good. El, Dani, Perrie, Marisa, and I whopped the boys butts." I told her.

"Who's Marisa?"

"Oh, she's Harry's girlfriend." I told her. "She worked at the bakery with him."

"Cool." She said. She was playing with her hair, twisting and braiding it.

"What is it?"

"Huh?" She said, looking up at me.

"You seem very distant. What is it?" I asked, sitting up.

"Well,". She started. "It's you and Niall."

"What? Me and Niall? What about us?"

"I can tell something's going on between you two. Now, you're either going to tell me, or I will force it out of you." She said.

"SiSi, there's noth-"

"Don't 'SiSi' me. Tell me right now, and no bullshit." She said. She was really serious.

"Geez, alright." I said. "Honestly, I don't know. I mean, I think I like Niall, but, it's complicated. I mean, what if he doesn't like me back? What if, he doesn't like me? I don't wanna ruin our friendship, Sierra. We've been friends our whole lives. And, and, i just don't want us to drift apart. I-". And then I broke off, feeling my eyes get wet, tears threatening to spill over. Sierra wrapped her arms around me.

"Megs, don't cry. Everything will be fine. Of course he feels the same. Why wouldn't he? And because you've been friends for so long, he would have to fall for you. It'd be impossible not to." She said.

"Really? You really think he feels the same?" I asked her, wiping my face.

"Of course, sweetie. He would be stupid not to like you."

"Thanks, SiSi. Let's go to bed. I'm really tired. Night SiSi." I said, laying back down.

"Night, Megs." She said, walking back to her room. Then, I quickly fell back to sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Megan, wake up, it's breakfast time!" Sierra yelled, whacking me with a pillow.

"Ugh." I mumbled, getting out of bed.

"Tyler texted me before I fell asleep. His house is getting renovated. He'll be over for awhile."

"Alright. Is he here?" I said, stretching.

"Yeah. He's already here. He's gonna stay with us for awhile."

"Good. Now shoo so I can get ready." Then she walked out of my room, and I went to take a shower.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Niall's POV*

I woke up late. But, I didn't fall asleep until it was late either. I just couldn't help replaying the night's events. Megan never left my mind. It was starting to become a problem.

I didn't even knew if she liked me. Why would she? She probably just saw us as friends. Nothing more. But I felt more. And what if she did, too? I don't wanna chance our friendship, destroy how close we are in these nineteen years. But what if that made it worth it? What if somehow, she had developed the same feelings for me?