Chapter 20

*Niall's POV*

When I got home, I noticed there was a light in inside. Cautiously, I opened the front door and tip-toed inside. I slowly closed the door and crept toward the source of the light.

"Niall?" I heard a voice call from the kitchen. I recognized the voice, it was Liam. I sighed in relief and made my way into the kitchen.

"Liam, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I wanted to come hang out with you,but you weren't here. Where were you all dressed up like that anyway?"

"Uh, well you know, I uh, needed some, uh, milk."

"Milk? Then where is it?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest. A sure sign he wasn't buying it.

"Oh, where is it? Well I, uh, drank it."

"Uh-huh. Now, why don't you tell me where you really were."

Before I could answer him, he began talking again.

"You were with Megan, weren't you?" He asked with a sly smile on his face. That's when I broke down and told him everything.

"I knew it!" He said doing a little happy dance. I eyed him for minute before he stopped.

"Sorry." He said stopping.

"Look, Liam, would you mind, like, not telling anyone about Megs and I?" I asked.

"Even the boys?"

"Yes, even the boys. I don't think we are ready to like, tell people yet." I explained to him.

"Sure, no problem Ni. So, you like Megan then, huh?" He asked leaning back onto the counter.

"Yeah. We have been best friends for, god knows how long. We have always been there for each other, and I guess, I don't know, that somewhere along the way, I guess I began to like her."

"Well, it was kinda obvious that you did. Well, to me anyway." He teased.

"Shut-up." I retorted.

"Well, I don't care how long you have known each other. Just don't rush into things, alright Niall?" He added in his 'daddy direction' tone.

"Liam, we aren't going to rush into anything, promise." I told him.

"Good."

"Well, I'm gonna go take shower an head off to bed. I'll talk to ya, tomorrow mate." I said. He nodded and patted my shoulder.

"Alright, see ya." He said then walked out.

I shut and locked the door behind him before heading up to take a nice, hot shower.

After a nice hot shower, I layed down in bed and began to scroll through twitter.