Chapter 36

A/N: I'm so so so so sooo sorry I haven't updated!!!! I've been caught up with homework. And reading the Niall version of After edited by @itsangie_ I am seriously frustrated by Aria in the sequel. Anyways, enjoy this chapter!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Megan's POV*

It's been three days since I've been back and since Sierra's...... Been gone.

I haven't done much but mope. And cry. A lot. I never thought something like this could happen, that one of my best friends in the world could be taken from me. And it hurt. And it will keep hurting.

Niall has tried to cheer me up, but all he's managed to get is a small smile. I know I should try, but I just feel empty right now.

I see how much it hurts him to see me hurt. And it makes me feel even worse. He has been as close to me as he can the past few days. He has skipped a rehearsal, and will probably skip a couple more. I don't want him to do that.

I know he just wants to comfort me, but it's not working as much as I would like.

My mom and dad have been really worried about me. They've both tried to cheer me up as well, but it rarely worked.

We returned the wheelchair the other day, but I was still clumsier than normal. I was always sitting, curled up on Niall's couch or his bed. He sits with me, and hold my hand. I like his touch. It helps to take my mind off Sierra.

But only so much.

*~*~*

"Niall?" I say that night while we were watching a movie in the living room.

My parents were already in bed.

"Yeah, Megs?" He said, turning to me.

He looks really tired, probably almost as tired as I look. His usually bright eyes are duller.

"Thank you, for everything. Letting me stay here, letting my parents stay. I don't know what I wou-"

He cuts me off by wrapping his arms around me, and I bury my head in his chest. He squeezes me gently, and pulls back a little.

"You don't have to thank me. I just want to make sure you're okay." He says and kisses the top of my head.

"It's just, I haven't exactly been very, what's the word? Um..." I trail off.

"Very what? Open?" He says.

"Yeah, I've been closed off. And you don't deserve that." I say, looking down, picking at my finger nails, which I have been doing often.

Niall takes one of my hands in his, and runs his thumb across the back of my hand.

"Megan, I know what you're going through, and I know you'll be hurting for awhile. You always think of others, but you need to think about what you need right now." Niall says, and uses his other hand to tilt my head up to look at him.

I look into his eyes, his clear blue eyes, and melt. He knows just what to say to make me feel better. But I don't feel entirely better.

We just stare at each other for awhile, before he breaks the silence.

"Do you need or want anything?" He asks.

I slowly start to shake my head no, but then start nodding.

"What?" Niall asks.

"You." I whisper, and lean in to kiss him.

He leans in as well, and our lips touch. The kiss is soft and gentle. I feel a spark, like something was lit inside me, and I want more.

I wrap my arms around his neck, and he wraps his arms around my waist. The kiss becomes more and more heated, and before I know it i'm panting for air.

I break away from the kiss and just look at him. His eyes are bright.

"What is it?" He asks after awhile.

"Nothing." I say, smiling. He looks absolutely perfect. And I feel happier than I have all week.

He smiles, and kisses the top of my head, pulling me to lay on top of him.

We lay there for awhile, the movie ending a while ago. Niall was playing with my hair, and I was starting to slowly fall asleep.

*~*~*~*~*

Before I knew it, I was lying in bed, but was alone.

"Niall?" I called, sitting up in bed. It was his bed, so I didn't know where he would be.

"I'm right here." He said, coming in. "I was just taking a wee."

I slapped him softly. "Thanks for the info."

He chuckled and climbed into the bed with me. He pulled me down and we laid there, his arms around me and mine around him.

"Niall?" I said before we fell asleep.

"Yeah, Megs?" He said, looking at me.

"I love you." I said, looking at him. It was the first time either of us actually said the words.

He smiled. "I love you." And he kissed me again, sending butterflies throughout my stomach.

He pulled away, and I snuggled into him, falling asleep, feeling better than ever.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: I'll try to update more often! Thank you guys for commenting!