Chapter 31

*Eleanor's POV*

"El, I'm really worried about Niall." Louis said while we were sitting on the couch, watching a movie.

"I know, Louis, and I'm worried about Megan." I said, patting his hand.

"Yeah. But if she...if something happened to her, Niall would be crushed. I think everyone would be crushed. But Niall..." Louis trailed off.

I gave him a peck on the cheek. "We should try and see her soon. Get everyone to go."

"Yeah, definitely." He said.

We weren't really paying attention to the movie anymore.

"C'mon, let's go to bed." I said, turning the tv off and standing up.

Louis followed, and we went to bed.

"I'll call the boys in the morning, see what they are up to. I'm sure they'll be willing to come." He said, snuggling under the blankets. 

"Of course." I said, laying down next to him.

I thought about Megan, and how much pain she must be in. And I thought about what would happen if she was gone. Niall would be heartbroken. We all would. But I have to stay positive. Megan will get better. I know it.

*~*~*~*~*~*

*Megan's POV*

I could feel myself getting better. I don't know how long it was taking, but little by little, the murkiness was going away. I could her much clearer, and it helped me to know what was happening.

I could move my hand now, but still couldn't open my eyes.

What I think might've been the other day I heard the doctors talking to Niall. They talked about how much better I was doing, and that they were planning to take me off my pacemaker.

That made me happy. I was coming this much closer to seeing Niall and my family again.

Niall talked to me the other day about them. My mom and dad were trying to get the earliest flight from America to come here, but it was hard. He offered to help,and they accepted. They would be here in a day.

But I never heard a word about Sierra. I was hoping she was okay, or at least doing as well as I am. I could sometimes her Tyler and the doctors talking, but they were really quiet.

I couldn't bear to lose my best friend. We had been through so much. If I lost her, I don't know what I would do.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Niall's POV*

I was sleeping next to Megan again, when I was woken up.

"Wha?" I said, lifting my head up when I felt someone pat my back.

"Hey, Niall, can we talk to you?"  Louis said. 

"Hey guys, and yeah, sure."  I said, getting up and stretching, following the guys into the hall while the girls stayed with Megan.

"What's up?"  I said, rubbing my eyes.   

"Nothing, just came by to see Megan, and how she's doing." Harry said, shuffling his feet.

"Thanks guys.  I'm glad you came."  I smiled.

"So, how's she doing?" Zayn asked.

"Great. Dr. Sanbourne said that she's making a fast recovery."  I said, smiling.  I was so happy.  I couldn't wait to see her smile again.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Louis' POV*

When I saw how happy and hopeful Niall was at Megan's recovery, I felt a little ping in my heart. I didn't want him to be hurt if she didn't make it.  I wanted to tell him not to keep his hopes up, but I didn't. I know how much Megan means to Niall.  I just don't want to be the bringer of bad news. 

"That's great, Niall."  I said, putting an arm around him.  "I'm so happy she's getting better.  Do you have an idea when she might, you know, wake up?" 

"No not really.  The doctors still think it will take some time before she is fully recovered."  He said, shrugging.

"Well, lets just hope its soon, right?'  Harry said. 

"Yeah."  We all said. Then we piled into a hug.  I still had a nagging in the back of my head. I wanted to believe that Megan would get better fast, but I just  couldn't shake the feeling that she could still not make it. I didn't want to believe it, but I also didn't want to get my hopes up. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN: Hello lovelies!!!!  Sorry it took so long to update.  I usually type on my iPod, and that has gone MIA.  So the updates might come a bit slower, but I do know what I'm writing (sorta).  So, please vote, and tell me what you think!  I love hearing from you guys!  And please, spread the word!