Chapter 35

Mirs pov

The more me and kiyah talk the closer we get and the more I like her! She got me doing things I never did with no other girl! Like falling asleep on the phone every night , texting throughout the day and spending all my free time with her! I don't know what it is but I feel something with her that I never felt before... I know I can't love her because it's still early ... so does it mean I care deeply for her? This is confusing man! My thoughts were interrupted by my dad busting in the door...

Papa aug- I needa talk to you!

He said in a serious tone I looked up at him confused and my mother walked in behind him closing the door.

Mir- about what? I filed all the paperwork you told me to file and I updated all the computers and iPads .

Mama Kay- Calm down Beybe you're doing a good job!

Mir- oh.. so what's wrong?

Aug- I know I said you would work here until your debt is paid but... you're doing a good job here son...I see a big change in you lately and I think you learned your lesson...

He said smiling at me and I smiled back

Mir- Uhh thanks pops.. I appreciate it..

Mama Kay- yeah and since you're starting school next week this will be your last day at kindred...

Mir- FORREAL?!

I said hella excited standing up and they both laughed my dad nodded his head and I rushed towards them hugging and kissing them both god is really answering my prayers!

Aug- Yeah son... we gonna give you a second chance... we want you to focus on school and school only! So don't worry about paying us back!

Mama Kay- Yea you just make us proud At USC you hea me?

Mir- Yes momma! I promise I won't let y'all down!

Aug- You betta cause you waste ma money dis time ima beat cho ass! Ion care how grown you is!

He said pointing at me and I nodded I knew he was serious because his accent got thicker... They left the room and I got back to work but I just couldn't stop thinking about Nakiyah I was pretty much done with work when I looked at the time and it was 2:30 she finishes school at 3 so I thought why not go surprise her🥰

Siyah- Flowers and a teddy bear? For me?! Aweee Mir you shouldn't have!!!

Mir - yeah and I didn't!

I said bursting her bubble and she gave me the stank face

Siyah- forget chu then!

Mir- Wheres kiyah?

Siyah- seniors exit through the back this is the sophomore exit!

Mir- Hmm well I'll see you later little bits! Drive home safe

I said kissing her forehead and she nodded walking to her car I went back to mine making my way towards the back exit and there she was looking beautiful as can be when she spotted me her face lit up and that made me feel real good!

Kiyah- Mir?! what are you doing here oh my gosh...

Mir- I wanted to see you... here I got this for you baby girl...

I said handing her the roses and teddy bear she covered her face in shock before gently taking them from me giving me a big hug the smell of her perfume hit my nose and I couldn't help but smile damn she always smells good!

Kiyah- thank you! You're so sweet!

Mir- Don't trip baby you deserve nothing but the best.... But is it cool if I take you away for a while?