Chapter 51

Reigns pov

Ever since I moved in with my grandparents I've been soo much happier! I finally feel like I'm welcomed and loved. My relationship with my mom is soo bad and I never seemed to understand why? Is it something I did? Is it because I'm not the way she thought I would be?! I honestly don't think I'll ever understand it and I don't think our relationship will get better.

Reign- Maw maw you're hurting my hair...

Mama kay- I'm sorry beybe I'm tryna be gentle!

Reign- Can't we put something in it to make it more manageable?

Mama kay- reign... no! Nothing is wrong with Yo' hair and it's staying in it's natural state!

Reign- Maw maw pleaseeeeee

Mama kay- Usually I give in and give you whateva you ask fa' but not this time! You wanna be bald headed tryna put all them chemicals in yo head and break off all yo hair?

Reign- No ma'am..

Mama kay- Good! Lemme hurry up because ya momma will be hea soon!

Reign-  what?! But uncle Drè takes me to school...

Mama Kay- yeah but she wanted to take you and I didn't wanna say no.

I just nodded but In reality I wanted to cry. I hate her! Why does she wanna constantly force herself in my life she got what she wanted when I moved out....

30 minutes later

Nivea- your hair looks nice...

Reign- Yeah it's not nappy anymore!

I said dryly staring out the window to avoid eye contact or any other conversation but she wouldn't let up.

Nivea- yeah I guess you can say mama Kay does a better job than me!

She said laughing but i didn't laugh I just pulled out my phone and started looking on TikTok.

Nivea- you okay? You're not really talking...

Reign- What do you want me to say...

Nivea- You're my daughter... I wanna talk to you and know how things been going?

Reign- things are perfect without you and I'd like it to stay that way so please don't ask to take me to school anymore...

That probably was rude but it's the truth! I don't want her trying to come around and steal the little bit of happiness and peace I have.

Nivea- reign... your attitude is really bad! It's no need for allat especially not in the morning!

Reign- Okay and where do you think this attitude comes from?!

I said rolling my eyes and outta no where she grabs me and I quickly reacted not even realizing I hit her.

Nivea-DID YOU JUST HIT ME?! OH YOUR FATHER WILL DEFINITELY HEAR ABOUT THIS!

Reign- tell em... I don't care!

I said dryly when we arrived to my school after what seemed like forever! I quickly got outta the car but I had one more thing to say.

Reign- I hope you know how much I hate you and want you outta my life!

Nivea- Excuse me?! Say it again!

Reign- I HATE YOU! I WISH YOU WASN'T MY MOTHER!

I yelled before slamming the door shut, And I gotta admit that felt so good.... She needed to hear that! Later that day when I got outta school I waited in my normal spot for uncle Drè but he wasn't there and he's never late! When I saw my mothers car pull up I wanted to run The passenger door opened and I couldn't believe my eyes when he stepped out ....