Chapter 39

Aj's POV

Before you know it Kashmere's birthday will be here! I've only got a few months to prepare and I want everything perfect! The party planner has everything she needs and nene is still a very big help but it's still one more thing I feel I needa do...

Guard- You're free to go Mr.Alsina.

He said holding open a door for me , I went inside the small room and sat at the table patiently waiting. They brought him inside the room and sat him down leaving him in the cuffs.

Aj- Nah he's cool, take the cuffs off em..

Guard- are you sure?!

Aj- I'm sure!

I said looking at Em the guard nodded taking the cuffs off him leaving the room he just looked at me brushing his fingers through his braids it's crazy how Kashmere looks nothing like her mother or sisters but her and her brother look so much alike...

Aj- Hey man... how's it going?

I said breaking the silence I held my hand out to shake his hand and he looked at it for a while before shaking it.

Raymere- can't complain ... what brings you here man?

Aj- I'm here because I wanted to talk to you... about Kashmere... I hear you're getting out soon...

Raymere- Yeah I am... July 6th is the date.... Kashmere doesn't know does she?

Aj- Nah... she doesn't ... nene said you wanted to surprise her for her birthday!

Raymere- Yeah I do... how is she? How's little man?

Aj- they're good Kashmere is still in school and he's still his outspoken self.

I said chuckling and he smiled nodding his head

Raymere- the commissary... it was you huh?

Aj- yeah... I wanted to make sure you were straight in here yanno? I know Kashmere sends you money but I figured I'd send something too.

Raymere- I appreciate it... you ain't have to send anything

Aj- I know but you're kashmeres brother... her only brother... she's always talking about you and how much she misses you and all the good things you've ever done for her soo anybody that's important to her is important to me... which is why I'm here today asking for your blessing....

Raymere- my blessing?

Aj- Yeah... I wanna ask Kashmere to marry me.... I'm throwing her a big surprise birthday party and wanna ask her there in front of our family and friends...

Raymere- That's dope... you definitely have my blessing... I wasn't always a fan of you but I think you've redeemed yourself and have proven your love for my sister... you say she talks about me a lot but when I talk to her all I hear is Aj, Aj , Aj and Aj!

He said laughing and I laughed too

Raymere- I know that you'll always take care of my sister and nephew that's all I really care about... and their happiness of course!

Aj- of course... Kashmere and my son will always be good! I would never leave them hanging or do anything to hurt her again... like you said I wasn't always straight forward but your sister and my son definitely made me see things differently...

Raymere- welcome to the family Bro! Thanks for coming down here..

He said with a smile he stood up to shake my hand and I followed pulling him in for a tight hug. When I left the prison it was 2:30 since Kaiden was staying with my parents I decided to go home and wait for Kashmere but when I got home she was already there.